In altezza club, people know me like AudioManiac, but this nickname took no just like that. All because I used to be fond of music and sound engineering. And I am not a fan of car audio, but I prefer to listen to music in a more suitable setting - at home, where you can fully recreate the effect of presence, listen to the details and not distracted by driving.
It will be about the assembly of more or less high-quality binary home acoustics, capable of passing the most smallest nuances of audio recordings, and open the world of high-quality sound for you, not without (a high-quality amplifier, of course).
This is not the first acoustics that I had to design and collect, before that there was an experience as a very solid upgrade of the Soviet classics and the assembly of acoustics from scratch. The spouse did not suit the form factor of my Soviet classics, large wide coffins that did not fit into the interior and occupied too much space
But they sounded excellent, I spent the sound of the sound to ideal for about a year to configure the crossover.
The columns turned out to be quite heavy load for amplifiers, but my amplifier assembled based on the VEGALAB forum without problems cope with them:
One day one familiar American told me that the coolest acoustic design that he ever heard is a transmission line (TL). It is a labyrinth or a quarter-wave resonator or organ pipe, not to be confused with a gelmholtz resonator and with a phase inverter. We have a great deal of experience in Russia, Alexander Rogozhin labyrinth. Since the same time, I caught fire to collect something in this design.
Idean inspiration for me was the acoustics of the company PMC Twenty 24, you can google reviews for this acoustics, see measurements and compare them with the measurements of my acoustics below.
As Speakers Norwegian Seas Ca18Rly and 27TDC were chosen to me. They are not difficult to reduce, they do not have serious flaws, in general good speakers for their money.
After warming up and speaker measurement, the following parameters of the Tila-Small were obtained: FS 49HZMMS 10.7GRMS 1.75 KG SECCMS 0.0009 M NBL 6.0VAS 17 LQT 0.38QES 0.48QMS 1,91
The pair of speakers, the parameters are almost no different, I brought the parameters of one of them. The parameters indicate the increased stiffness of the suspension, relative to the passport. I do not know how they need to be so used to approach passport parameters, in real life they will rather think what to work out. Therefore, they took these parameters for support in the calculations.
After assembly and tests, the case turned out as a result of this:
Inside the case looks like this:
This body gives a smooth SCH, -5DB to 30 Hz. You can reduce the height of the housing by 5-10 cm, then the response response will be faster, but the total sensitivity of up to 100 Hz will be higher - who is closer. The ratio of lengths 1 to 2 is observed, so the speaker will have to be exhausting to the floor, then the speaker will have to be lowered below, on the contrary, I wanted to raise it as usually as possible, and the port to bring forward and beautifully arrange a stream in the style of one famous firm. I should note that when I gave a sine 35 Hz with a decent power, the speaker barely fluctuated, and from the port in the literal sense, and when the powerful bass stream of air in this column is very decent, is moving away. Little with type of speaker excites a large resonance in a two-meter column.
18mm birch plywood was bought as a material for the enclosures. MDF did not find.
Since the enclosures will be covered with a veneer, it is not possible to make any wall removable, hunting to obtain a one-piece monolithic design, so the bottom will be removable, which will be part-time to perform the role of a coaming with screw legs. You will have to climb there only after the filter, in the process of its accurate tuning.
In order for the holes under the speakers look beautifully need to be milling after a veneer sticker, and the veneer on the front panel is better glued to the last turn, so that there is a nesting on the side sheets of veneer. In short holes under the dynamics had to cut last.
My father is enjoyed by a carpentry business, so we've healed the housing together with him:
However, it was not all smooth with painting, it was necessary to flush the paint from the veneer several times.
I did not meet them in the apartment:
The veneer was impregnated with acrylic veneer and covered with acrylic varnish.
I climbed into 3D Max jigspoints on ports in the style of PMS:
Well, boys from Krasnodar helped me with their seal for a 3D printer, a huge respect for it for it!
Sound. Collected columns with calculated filters, set up symmetrically, connected to the amplifier and. Ofigel) At the beginning of the grain on stereo effect, such detail and localization I have not yet heard! I am not a master of colorfully describe the sound, but I will say that: a man from Ramstein sings from a particular place, and not from everywhere and his image does not break into breadth. Musical instruments are clearly distinguishable, the electric guitars do not merge in porridge. Drums like the bud right in the hall in front of me playing. Electronic music sounds clear and vigorously, the bass is fast, savory and deep even without a subwoofer. Compared to my previous acoustics (in the photo above), these columns sound more neutral (or less bright, to whom as) and picking up.
Filter After the first wires, it began to pay attention to the timbral balance, the middle seemed overlooking the singers that the measurements were confirmed, redid a little filter, the final version looks like this:
Ahh in a regular room from a half-meter near different angles.
Impedance. Light load for amplifier.
Filter and total response scheme:
Filter and ACH
The LC is cut 2 orders without special excesses, except that I added R1 to smooth the decline and add grocery in the range of 4-7 kHz. But with HF, it was necessary to lie down, the basis of the filter 3 of the order, and R3, L3 bore the frequency response above 9 kHz, it made the sound softer and neutral, but R2 sets the overall volume of the HF speaker. The inclusion of speakers in the opposite polarity.
Different orders of filters have a different phase shift, but the diffusers of the speakers are at different distance to the ear (RF closer to 30mm than the cap SNCH), that is, at the partition frequency, the same signal will fly with different phase delay, therefore it was decided "slow down" the speaker on a quarter of the period in order to compose the signals by phase.
I wanted to summarize separately. This acoustics, with proper placement, in addition to high-class sound, will delight you and enjoyable savory noses. Even in a small room with a symmetrical alignment of acoustics away from the walls, I managed to get a good sound scene and a deep bass. Well, for dancelas and discos, of course you need a good active sub.
P / S composed the filter of 3 orders for the LF, it is more like in terms of phase "conflict" with RF (less they affect each other). Later I spike and publish.
The column is an acoustic system of extremely modest sizes, which has one or more speakers with a built-in amplifier. Sound columns are used to increase the sound volume, and the sound increases with speakers. The speakers consist of two magnets: usually this is a ceramic permanent magnet and an electric magnet, whose work controls the audio audio. Thanks to these magnets, the sound is formed when they are interacted. The columns are divided into two categories: passive - that is, in which the audio liner is not embedded, for example, headphones; And active - respectively, the columns that have their own built-in audio liner. The active speaker system has its own power. In this article you will see how to make a homemade active speaker system with your own hands. This column can be connected to the computer, and to the phone, and in the player, and so on. For the manufacture of this self-made, I needed:Materials:
1) two speakers with a power of 3 watts each (they will serve as a sound source);
2) three and a half millimeter plug for connecting an acoustic column to different devices;
3)Digital Audio Pam 8403
(The amplifier will receive sound signals from some device and transmit them to the speakers reinforcing these signals);
4) switch to turn off the column;
5) wires for connecting contacts;
6) isolating tape for insulation of wires and other needs;
7) USB plug for power connection;
8) heat shrink tubes for insulation of bare contacts;
9) plywood (body will be made from plywood, as it is the most affordable material);
10) Self-assembly screws.Instruments:
1) electric soldering iron for wiring;
2) adhesive gun and thermoclay for gluing some details and to isolate contacts;
3) a stationery knife for cleaning wires from isolation and for other needs;
4) lighter for heat shrink tubes;
5) hacksaw for plywood saw;
6) Lobzik for sawing round and other holes on plywood;
7) electric drill for drilling holes;
8) screwdriver for screwing screws;
9) line and pencil for drawing marks on plywood for column body;
10) emery paper grinding;
11) nippers for cutting wiring and unnecessary contacts;
12) Circle for circle drawing.The process of making a self-made active column.
Prepare two three cotton loudspeakers, a 3.5-millimeter connector and a PAM 8403 audio liner and connect their contacts using connecting wires.
The characteristics of the speakers are recorded from the opposite side, namely they are:
3.5 millimeters connector has three contacts: left channel, right channel and shared. There are four more contact plugs: left and right channels, general and microphone; But in this column there is no microphone and why, so you can not use the four pin plug. The values of the plug contacts are depicted in the photo.
AudioSiller will usePAM 8403.
, ordered with an aliexpress of very good quality as mentioned earlier. This amplifier feeds from the voltage of five volts, so the future column can be connected to the laptop, and to the phone charger ...
We will also use the power button to turn off the column.
We take the wire and we clean their tips from isolation using the stationery pressed for future soldering.
We solder these wires to the audio amplifier with the help of an electric soldering iron, but it is very careful not to spoil and not damage the amplifier.
In my case, the blue wire is plus, and the brown wire is minus.
Excess protruding contacts cut off the bodies in order to look carefully.
Next, the soldered wires of the amplifier are soldered to two speakers, while observing the polarity and over the amplifier left and right speakers.
Fix the wires with each other using an insulating tape.
It should turn out like this, as shown in the photo.
Now we solder the power wire to the amplifier with a USB plug. Yes, at the end of the article, the wire will be white, since I soldered it due to insufficient length, so it's not particularly judging.
We clean the wires of the USB wire and one of the wiring solder using the electrical soldering iron to the power switch of the column.
Next, the cable wires continue to blue and brown wire (well, it is in my case).
Insulating wiring using a heat shrink.
Now the two wires obtained are soldered to the audio to the amplifier necessarily observing the polarity: in my case brown - minus, blue - plus.
Again, more superfluous on the board we bite the bodies.
That's what I did:
Now the wire with a 3.5 millimeter plug is soldered to the audio cylinder.
The wire must have at least three contacts, but it is better exactly three.
We clean the wires and solder them to 3.5 millimeter plug.
Now we solder the wires to the audio cylinder, but every posting in your place.
According to the colors of the wire, they sold them to the board, namely the black wire is the left channel, which is noted on the letter L; Red wiring is the right channel, which is noted on the amplifier in the Latin letter R; And green wiring is a common channel, which is noted on an amplifier according to the Latin letter G.
Now isolate 3.5 millimeter plug by heat shrinking and thermoclaim.
In general, I got like that, as in the photo.
Now the more complex process begins, namely the harvesting.
On the plywood grave rectangle, when the separation of which we will receive two identical squares, in each of which in the center of squares using a circulation of the circle of the circle of equal diameter for future speakers.
Using an electric drill drill hole for the jigsaw fastener into this hole.
We drink a rectangle with a hacksaw.
Using a manual jigsaw, cut the circle from the rectangular part of the column body.
Three watt speakers are easily inserted into the two openings.
Next, we produce two such such that same details of the trapezoid form.
And two more rectangular details of the same sizes.
While we collect the housing from all.
Now it is necessary to fix the audio in the front of the case.
To do this, drill a hole using an electric drill, it is necessary that the amplifier is free and reliably installed in this hole.
From the inside of the part near the drilled hole using the stationery knife, we throw the recess for the amplifier board.
This is what the item looks like from the front.
Attach the front part to the main part of the case with the help of self-tapping screws.
Sorserize the case with a homemade nozzle for an electric drill.
Fix the speakers in the body of the future column using self-tapping screws. Also fix the audio cylinder using the built-in nut.
Now, with the help of a jigsaw, drink a seatpace for switch.
Also the recess for the output of the wires.
Manufacturing a rectangular back cover, close the housing.
The acoustic column body is ready, it means that the column itself is ready for operation and verification.
The column turned out good. I like the sound quality, but I am not Meloman. The power of the column in total turned out somewhere about six watts, as each of the speakers gives three watts. Volume control works, the same regulator is capable of turning off the power at all. Yes, the volume control can be closed, but I did not do this, as I like it. The manufacture of this column did not seem so difficult to me how I thought, but I still got it. Thank you for your attention!
Become an author of the site, publish your own articles, descriptions of homemade with payment for text.Read more here
Once I decided to collect high-quality acoustics for visiting a small room, as well as for use as a near-field monitors when working with sound on a computer (hobbies). The main requirement is an adequate sound in relation to the source. Not that the "bottoms of sausage" or "ringing plates", namely adequate natural sound. So, we collect high-quality "shells".
Number of bands
In the theory, the ideal system is single-lane. But, like all the perfect, such a system does not exist in nature. Yes, there are very high-quality broadband speakers from the same "visa stone", but for some reason all the well-known manufacturers make two-band shelf systems. And when it comes to the outdoor version, 3 bands are not uncommon. Here the question was not particularly stood - a classic two-band version: LF and HF.
Selection of speakers
The main requirement for speakers is the optimal price / quality ratio. Those. It should not be "cheap" by 500r., But not a breathtaking "High-end" for $ 1000. In addition, I was not in a hurry. The idea to assemble the shelter's own hands has come enough for a long time, and I threw the fishing rod in advance with my good friend, the "sick" sound with which we are on this topic have long been constantly and fruitfully communicate.
The first to appear HF - VIFA XT19SD-00/04 Ring Rad. These are high-quality 4-ohm "singing", quite popular among audiophiles. Planned for one set, but for some reason they did not go and were in my set.
The second arrived by the LF. They were very decent midbasy from the SoundStream Exact 5.3 set. Herehere
We can read about them a bit. It happened so that the "sakes" during installation burned down, and the lonely vochers were not needed by themselves. 4-ohm 5.5 "Midbas, fixed in the cast basket of aluminum, were immediately acquired.
Now that there are speakers, you can proceed to the creation of acoustics.
Active / passive?
Each option has its pros and cons. First, you need to take into account the compactness of the columns themselves and the associated complexity in the layout in a limited space. And it makes no sense to mount outside. Secondly, individual modules as independent components can be combined in the future, and it is also easier to repair in the case of anything. Well, thirdly, the active columns are quite expensive. Because If you do a decent amplifier (and sometimes one in each case), it will turn out more than the acoustics itself. Besides, I already had an amplifier. But in any case, I for the scheme - passive acoustics + amplifier, it is more versatile.
Calculation of body sizes
We decided with speakers, now it is necessary to understand which hull is optimal for them. Dimensions are considered based on the characteristics of the sound of the LF speaker. There are no recommendations on the manufacturer's website, because The speaker was intended primarily for auto sound. To keep a special equipment for these purposes there is no point, if only this is not your job. Therefore, sensible dude with a special bench comes to the rescue. As a result of laboratory tests, we obtain the calculated size of the housing 310 x 210 x 270 mm. In the process of measurements, the parameters of the phase inverter were also counted.
By the way, many manufacturers on their sites publish the recommended body sizes for speakers. When such information is, it is logical to use it, but in this case I did not have such data, so I had to do laboratory research.
In my opinion, the most optimal material for the hull is MDF. It is acoustically neutral, as well as a little better in operational characteristics than the chipboard. Plywood is also good, but it is not easy to find quality fane, and it is more expensive and harder in processing. A 22mm sheet MDF sheet was selected as the source material for the housing. In principle, the standard 18-20mm is quite enough, but I decided to make a little with a margin. The stiffness is superfluous.
Construction and design of the case
One of the most important stages. Before going to the MDF, I advise you to decide on the design to immediately ask the seller to cut off the sheet in parts, and at a normal point of sale there are always good machines with an accurate and smooth sip. At home this is difficult to get difficult.
So design. The columns must look at least no worse than the "industrial" so that there is no feeling of the club of crazy handles. We do not only with high-quality, but also beautiful acoustics. In general, there are practically no beautiful, interesting and in the same time. Beautiful acoustics make the Italian Sonus Faber, stunning beauty - Magico Mini. But all of them are made with the use of accurate machines, which are not at home by definition. Alternatively, you can order the corps with a good "cabinetry" with hands and CNC. Such work will cost, depending on where and what you order, from 10,000 rubles. up to 30 000r. Together with the materials. If a specialist is good, then the columns will look no worse, but even better "shop". In this case, I decided that everything would completely do myself. Therefore, we look at things really and make the design of without any sofa, curly discharges, etc. Those. It will be a parallelepiped. The calculated dimensions give a fairly pleasant proportion, and the proportion in design is already half an end.
What to design? Though I am associated with the design by the nature of the activity, but I know 3D packages, to put it mildly, superficially. At the same time, the program should be more engineering than the render. Specialized "Kady" for this purpose is heavy and unnecessary. The output was quickly found - freiguous Sketchup more than suitable for this purpose. It is so simple and intuitively understood that it was completely mastered in about an hour. It can most importantly: quickly create any shapes, smear sizes, use simple textures. I believe that such a program is ideal for "home" purposes. It can be easily located in it, for example, design the kitchen or even a small house.
Here is the design of the housing:
Construction simple. Six walls glued together with each other. Front 2 cutouts under the speakers. Rear 2 cutouts: under the phaseinverter and under the terminal box. The 120x80 rectangle is indicated by a crossover place. Inside the phaseinverter is another wall in the width of the internal space, attached perpendicular to the cut:
Based on the drawing, the slate diagram emerges:
How will we finish the body? Blinding film immediately excluded - acoustics should look decent. As an option was considered painting. Abandoned this idea, because Such columns will fit far from each interior (at least they did not fit into the current). I want more versatility. In this regard, natural veneer is more suitable. But a completely attached veneer acoustics looks boring. Search for a combined solution:
In general, options are not bad in appearance, but purely constructively cause difficulties. As a result, the side walls were solved to separate the veneer of the ash, and the remaining 4 walls are covered around the circumference of the skin, or rather high-quality automotive leatherette. The food is beautiful in itself, but the LF speaker has a structural overlay on the front side of the body, which will not look very beautiful. Therefore, it was decided to make an additional decorative lining for it (ring), which will press it to the body, and at the same time will give beauty the column itself. The design and design determined.
Before proceeding to the next stage, I mean, what basic tools are needed to work:
- Grief machine.
- Straight arms.
Without this set, it is better to order the housings to a good master.
So, we saw
MDF leaf. I already wrote that it was better to cut on special machines - it is inexpensive, but it turns out for sure. But because I solved the body to do myself from and to, then for the purity of the experiment he saw the manual circular himself, and small pieces of the jigsaw with a guide. As it was assumed the ideal cut did not work. After cut, the walls of the walls (left-right, front-rear, etc.) are installed by a pair, the grinding machine and / or electrouruk can be checked and checked for perpendicularity with the coce. And in the future, when assembling, it is finalized after gluing. Loss of 2-3 mm is insignificant. But still I recommend to cut off immediately "on the basis", save a bunch of time.
The walls are glued together and tighten with screws. Initially glue the case without anterior wall.
Next, sawing the hole of the phase inverter.
Now a hole for a clermin, as well as a chamfer to "drown". Initially, for the project, the Terminal was supposed to be placed downstairs. But in the process it became clear that to mount the crossover in the center through the hole for the Vuchera would not be very convenient, so I moved the hole for the clermin above, and the place under the crossover is below.
Before "attaching a lid", it is necessary to glue the insides with vibration insulating material.
You can close the box.
Now one of the very responsible steps is the cutout of the holes under the dynamics on the front panel. I have already said that the perfect acoustic system is single-lane. Why? Because the propagation of sound comes from one source to a listener without disagreement over time due to the difference (meager) in the distance that is using a multibose system. Therefore, the speakers are best spaced as close to each other. So the sound picture is "denser". We calculate the holes so that the distance between the edges of the speakers will be approximately 1 cm. The holes are paved with a labzik with a circular guide.
The speakers must be recessed. Apply the speakers and according to their edge, we define the diameter to remove the chamfer. The depth of the chamfer Merim over the overlay of each speaker. The chamfer was shot by a manual milling. The depth of the cut was exhibited at the end. The guides were none were used, neatly rolled down the layer of layer to the line. Two "ear" under the terminals were additionally drunk for "singing".
After the chamfer was removed, we apply the terminal and speakers, after which we drill a thin drill hole for future screws. Without them, firstly, it can "spread" the MDF itself when screwing into screws, secondly, with the final installation, the dynamics will be more difficult to deliver exactly. I thought for a very long time, how to put the speakers relative to each other, came to such a scheme:
Holes from screws on the outer surfaces must be embedded before the final finish. I used epoxy. In order not to wait until one surface hardens, stuck every surface with scotch and was accepted for the next one. When the epoxy dried, the grinding machine was walked.
Veneer remained with some ancient times, so I did not have to buy. The sheets were not wide, so a pair of sheets was selected, tightened and glued to the body. At first one side, then the other.
Veneer needs to be protected. I covered it with a transparent yacht varnish.
Now you need to cover the housing with leather. Options how to do it - a lot. I decided to do as follows. A strip of 20 mm is cuts larger than the body width and a little longer circumference of the case. On each side begins by 10 mm, the bending is glued to "Speccles 88". Then the string is glued to the same glue around the case. First, the bottom (partially), then the back wall, then the upper, then the front and again lower. At the last stage, the adhesive strip cuts into the place and the jack is pasted. I glued all sides at a time, i.e. I did not wait until each side heel. After each side, I did a small pause (the glue grabs enough), and was taken for the next.
After everything is dry, carefully cuts and rushes inside the skin on the holes of the phase inverter.
If I really want, then Fazik can somehow be created.
Then the holes on the terminalnik, the "whisper" and "squeezing" are cut. The skin on the terminal box and the RF will be able to sleep down, so the diameter of the cutout can be left less than 5-10 mm. The skin on the LC will be pressed with a decorative ring, so you need to cut it up so that it is not visible.
The first thing I am mounted crossover. Cross - self-made, on a good element base. Used coils with an air core, film capacitors for the squeeze and moss resistors. I myself did not solder him, but I ordered to be intelligent guys.
By the way, many producers sin so that even enough non-housing acoustics sometimes put very good crossings. On the Internet you can find a lot of "boarded" systems on this topic. Before assessing the cross, you need to solder three pairs of conductors: for terminal bar, LF and HF. It turned out that mounted would be directly on the plate with vibration insulation. I considered that she is superfluous and dismantled her. Now you can fasten. As a substrate, a piece of packaging film was used from under some kind of device.
Now we solder the desired pair of conductors to the terminal bar and fix it on the housing. Terminal and speakers are screwed with decorative black screws with a head under the "asterisk". Such self-draws fastened the pad on "singing", so it would be logical to use the same for the rest. Rear wall is ready.
Before assessing the speakers, you need to accommodate the case with special syntheps. For these purposes, Visaton company was used. Singry procession is glued around the walls around the walls.
From what speaker to start in principle without a difference. I started with meat. We solder the corresponding pair of conductors from the cross, insert the speaker and screw the screws. Ready.
Midbass need to be sung under the skin, and to press the top with a decorative ring. We solder the remaining pair of conductors and montuate the speaker.
Everything? Everything. We screw the acoustic cable to the terminal bar and start testing.
The system test was performed in the following configurations:
1. Receiver Sherwood VR-758R + acoustics.
2. Computer + Unicorn (USB-DAC) + self-amplifier + acoustics.
3. Computer + E-MU 0204 (USB-DAC) + Sherwood VR-758R + acoustics.
A little about the configurations themselves. I personally believe that at the moment the perfect version of the home music center is: a computer + USB-DAC + amplifier + acoustics. The sound in the figure without distortion is removed via USB and enters the high-quality DAC from which it is transmitted to a high-quality amplifier and after the acoustics. In such a chain, the number of distortions is minimal. In addition, you can use completely different phonograms: 44000/16, 48000/24, 96000/24, etc. All limited to driver and distribution capabilities. Receivers in this regard are less flexible and in advance morally outdated option. The size of modern hard drives allows you to store almost the entire media library. And the tendency to subscribe to Internet content can and this option to abolish, although this is not the near future and is not suitable for everyone.
I will say right away that in all three configurations, acoustics sounded perfectly. I, honestly, did not even expect. Here are some subjective aspects.
1. Adequate and natural sound. What is written, then reproduced. There are no distortions in any direction. How I wanted.
2. Major sensitivity to the source material. All the flaws of recording, if any, is well audible. Qualitatively mixed tracks are excellent.
3. Well readable for such sizes of basses. Of course, the organ music on the shelves will not be fully evaluated (it is difficult at all on acoustics), but most of the material "digest" without problems. More from such babies to expect difficult.
4. Very good study of details. You can hear each tool. Even with a saturated sound picture and a decent volume, the sound does not move into porridge (the amplifier here plays not the last role).
5. I want to make a pogrom;) i.e. Acoustics does not yell, but even plays. Although there is also not a small merit of the amplifier itself, because With an increase in the load, a good amplifier retains linearity.
6. From long listening does not hurt a head. I personally often happen, and then the whole day plays and even if that.
7. Fears at the expense of incorrect panorama and the strong dependence of the sound from the position of the listener were not confirmed. As far as I know, automotive acoustics have a specific phasing of sound due to the features of the location of the speakers in the cabin. Namely, I read this set that Midbas he has more versatile in this plan. What actually confirmed. You can sit in the center in front of the speakers, you can get up near sideways to them - the sound is excellent. Dependence is, but very small.
As for the configurations themselves, the highest quality sound managed to achieve with the second configuration.
First, a very high-quality DAC Unicorn was used.Here
You can read about it.
Secondly, the "self-adept amplifier" is the know-how of one sensible Togliatti "sound". Here it is in a beautiful small aluminum case:
In a nutshell, it was possible to find a circuitry solution, in which the amplifier when changing the volume retains its characteristics, i.e. Does not distort the sound at any (structurally permissible) volume. Many amplifiers (even very expensive) suffer from this. It was amazing to listen to how such an amplifier revived many acoustic systems, i.e. Forced them to sound so they should sound. By the way, some industrial amplifiers (in particular, quite quite good and in itself, Xindak themselves, were alteraved by such a scheme), and they opened a "second breathing".
Compare acoustics with something else, you ask? Yes, for example, Proac Studio 110 is quite high-quality shelf acoustics,That's a little about them
. Compared, they realized that they sound exactly no worse. Opoakov is perhaps a little less dependence of sound from the position of the listener due to the specific placement of the inverter and the "sakes", there somehow they calculated all this. And the rest is absolutely no worse, even I personally liked my homemakes, but it will be spoken on subjectivism;) I also put up the headphones (quite good KOSS) and compared the panorama, tops and nizam. Absolutely identical sound. Even on nizam. In general, delight full.
Calculation based on materials
Sch / LF speakers (steam): 3 000r.
RF speakers (pair): 3 000r.
Crossover (pair): 3 000r.
Terminal (Terminal): 700r.
MDF sheet, 22mm: 2 750r.
Speccles 88: 120r.
Vibration Isolation: 200r.
Figure ring: 500r.
Cable: 500r.Total: 14 160r.
Some materials were or went missily, here were not taken into account here.
In any more or less complex device or the completed functional system, absolutely everything is important. When it comes to a musical system, a large number of factors affect the end result:
- quality phonogram.
- A device for playing the phonogram.
- digital analog converter.
- Signal amplifier.
- The speakers installed in the acoustic system housing.
- Properly calculated under the dynamics and qualitatively collected hulls.
- Scheme and kit for crossover.
This is the main, but not a complete list.
It is incorrect to assume that the main thing is the amplifier or the main thing - the wires, or the main dynamics. Home Music System is like an orchestra. And if someone will be bad in this orchestra, and someone brilliant to play, then in general it will be average. Or, as mentioned in a very accurate example: if you mix the jacket of shit with a barrel of jumped, then two shit barrels will be.
There is another extreme. A good system is a fabulous money. So each component should cost half a million. And phonograms should be exclusively in Super Audio CD or on corporate records. Type Closed Society of Elite Audiophiles. Fine is all.
I came to the conclusion that to assemble my own relatively budget system, which is described in one word "sounds", it is quite possible. And if, as an DAC or amplifier, for the features, it is better to use actually existing solutions that are now very much. That is properly made (independently or under the order) acoustic system, it will sound better than for the same money acquired "branded". Now almost all components can be ordered online. Moreover, many manufacturers publish case diagrams for appropriate speakers. There is a mass of software to calculate the parameters of the enclosures. There are many specialized forums on the network, and in theline there are people with hands. In all of being a specialist is certainly impossible. As in any area, the main thing is to know general principles.
The article does not pretend to be the truth in the last instance, but I hope that my thoughts and my experience will come in handy to someone.
UPD. In comments, many ask about the amplifier. If anyone is interested, write in a personal, I will give the coordinates.
UPD2. The developer of the amplifier appeared its website -PVD-Audio.com.
How and from what to make an acoustic column with your own hands?
The built-in low-power amplifier gadget with "sips" is not enough. Sometimes you want from the "smartphone" sound much more. For this, we need speakers with an amplifier. And how and from what to make an acoustic column with your own hands?
The simplest floor column is a box or a box, in which one broadband or several narrowband speakers are located. One dynamics of the separation filter will not need. Two or more - consistent with the spectrum (subband) of sound frequencies. To improve returns at low frequencies in the column, a phase inverter is provided - a round channel channel, which rehibits the lowest frequencies.
In addition to speakers, separation filter and phase inverter, the active column contains an amplifier and a power supply for it, placed in the closed compartment in the rear.
One of the stereoolonok is active (there is an amplifier, a power supply and output for another column). The second is passive (led by). Instead of a disconnected cord, Bluetooth wireless communication is organized between the speakers - it allows you to make the column in any angle of the room, without stretching the wire between it and the second.
Portable columns, except Bluetooth, are equipped with a data reader from flash drives and memory cards, the simplest FM receiver with a scanning setting, a LED ribbon with a color music (or a matrix with a running string) and a number of other functions. Often they are equipped with a handle for carrying.
What can I do?
At home, the column body is made from almost anything. Go to move:
- Corpus from the failed automagnetic;
- The housing from the luminous cube in which the backlight burned;
- The "egg" column is made of paper, carved in a plurality of layers and impregnated with glue (for example, epoxy);
- Remains of laminate or parquet - after the gender permit;
- Chipboard, MDF material, fiberboard, natural tree;
- For portable columns, PVC pipe (or polypropylene) largest diameter is suitable - it seems that they are used in carrying out an inter-storey drain channel for the bathrooms of the whole house;
- Plywood - when it is sawing, expect caution: it easily gives chips and cracks, with time bend.
Deciding with the carrier material of the case, take care of the other parts and consumables.
What do you need for making?
In addition to the material from which the housing is manufactured, for the active column you need:
- one broadband, or 2-3 more narrowband dynamics;
- Ready or homemade power supply;
- Ready or homemade sound frequency power amplifier;
- conventional wire or cable;
- winding wire;
- plastic tube suitable diameter;
- rosin, solder and solder flux;
- Epoxy glue or furniture corners.
From the tools you need:
- Flat and curly screwdriver (the set of screwdriver is best);
- wood hacksaw;
- Fire or chisel;
- Manual drill and set roller.
To accelerate the work, use the power tools: an electric drill, a grinder (we need cutting and grinding circles on wood), screwdriver and electric bison.
Functions of the drill performs the screwdriver included in high revs.
Stages of work on the creation
For making with your own hands, a rectangular or cubic speaker will need to make the body (drawer) correctly, in which the electronics is placed. To make a housing, focus on the drawing.
- Mark and saw the board (It is possible from sawn timber) to the prefabricated faces from which the housing is collected.
- In the front wall for speakers (and the phase inverter, if the design provides) drill around the hole circles. Select the removable fragment from the drilled chalkboard in a circle, edges to process with a file or grinder. Insert the speakers (and a piece of the phase inverter pipe) to check how exactly they will be located there.
- Screw the speakers for their landing loop to the front face . Insert a piece of pipe instead of a phase inverter. Seat all the slots using the sealant or "moment-1".
- Collect the main part of the box: top, bottom, side and rear faces Connect with each other with epoxy glue or corners . In the case of using the corners of the slot, it is recommended to sealed with sealant or plasticine. Some perform sealing with the help of "moment-1" or epoxy glue - in the latter case, the column will be "unhappy".
- Perform steps 1-4 for the second column . It is more convenient and faster to make both corps in the same days.
- When the main body is ready, cut the seventh fragment of the case - The inner wall, the fitting power supply and amplifier from the acoustic (sound) compartment. The fact is that the sound of sound from the abundance of sharp edges of the details worsens the operating column at low frequencies. For the casing of the second column, the partition will not be required - it is passive and does not require the power supply. An option is possible when instead of a single stereoxylter in each of the speakers is used its mono amplifier. Place a common (powerful) power supply in one of the columns or lead to each of them (less powerful) - to solve you.
Manufacturing of the case completed. To mount the electronic component, do the following.
- Attach the amplifier and power supply on the inner partition.
- Connect the power supply and amplifier among themselves - the power will be supplied to the input by the amplifier power supply.
- Connect the speaker (if one) to one of the outputs of the amplifier. For the second (passive column), drill the hole under the audio, connect this connector to the second channel of the stereoxylter.
- Drill a hole for the input audio in the rear wall, connect the connector inserted into it to the input of the amplifier.
- Drink a 220 volt connector in the rear wall for power supply, mounted this connector in it. Connect the power connector to the power supply inlet.
- Inseulate all soldered connections with sealant, thermoclause, scotch or tape.
- If the speakers are somewhat - the coils of the separation filter and additional capacitors forming the first oscillatory circuits are required. Three-band columns using the filter clearly distinguish high, medium and low frequencies on different speakers.
To make a separation filter, do the following.
- Spile from the plastic pipe of the desired diameter a couple of pieces. It is impossible to use a metal-plastic pipe - it will turn the coil into the source of the electromagnetic field, besides the recalculation and additional inductance measurements on a special multimeter will be recalculated.
- Cut and dust out the side face For coils.
- "Sand" pieces of pipes in gluing places. Spread the coil frames using thermocons, "moment-1" or epoxy glue. Wait until the glue dries and clarifies.
- Focusing on the description of the column scheme, Mix the desired number of turns of the enamel of the corresponding diameter.
- Mount the coils on the partition or the rear speaker wall. They are fixed both with the help of a plug-in, and through self-tapping screws with washers (each coil is held in three points for one of the faces). The central fastening is allowed using self-pressing or bolt with a plastic / metal washer, greater than the outer diameter of the pipe. Such washers are used for the suspension of household appliances and cabinets on the walls with through studs.
- Connect the coils to condensers - according to the scheme in the description. Must get a full-fledged strip filter.
Filter function - highlighting the upper, middle and lower frequencies: accordingly, "satellites", "satellites" and a sabwofer speaker work.
It provides the sound naturalness. The number of filters - for high, medium and low frequencies can be equal to the number of speakers (or the number of speakers in a minus one column, depending on the scheme).
A column from ordinary paper is not as simple as it seems. The glue containing the hardener is required - layers of paper are impregnated. It is best for this epoxy - from it often make coils and printed circuit boards (the material resembles Getinax). Make the following.
- For a square column on the template of each of the walls, mark and cut the sheets of paper. In the sheets from which the front side of the column glued, cut the holes under the dynamics and the output of the phase inverter. For the back - holes for the audio sequins and the power socket.
- Run and apply a little epoxy glue on sheets that serve as the first layer. Shill two layers for each of the walls and leave them dry.
- The next day, glue for each of the walls of the third layers. Adjust one every day one. The interval between stages can be reduced from one day to several hours to speed up the process. But in this case, the quality may suffer. Repeat these actions until the thickness of the walls of the future column reaches at least 1.5 cm. Instead of paper, you can use a dense cardboard.
As soon as the column walls are ready, mounted and connect the speakers and other parts according to one of the above instructions.
The disadvantage is important and accuracy when gluing sheets, otherwise the design will behave aside. The advantage of the method is the use of paper from old logs and newspapers, cardboard (except wavy, with voids inside).
The round case will accelerate the process: a papers with a wide lumen is wound with a roll of paper, soaring in the course of the movement. Secure your scotch the initial winding line. The development is interesting in which the role of a sound coil performs a strip of a metal foil, the role of the diffuser is a sheet of paper. Make the following.
- On a sheet of paper, make metal tape or double-sided tape with foil. Shutties place so that they do not come into contact.
- Display the ends of the tape or foil to the sound source.
- Place a magnet under the paper sheet, connect the gadget and turn on the music.
You won't get a high volume - the amplifier in the gadget is too small in power. Middle and low frequencies to the "rustling" sound will be added. In powerful columns, a multilayer design is used - an electrostatic membrane, designed for high power amplifier.
From the tire
A column made of tires will not compare as agreed and amplitude-frequency response with branded or homemade rectangular systems. The stiffness of the walls is insufficient - rubber and ebonite are devoured low frequencies due to excess elasticity. A musical stereo system needs a large speaker - it should be fixed in the tire in the diameter, but do not fall inside. The other side of the tire is closed with plywood or board from other sawn timber, placing the power supply and amplifier on it.
The tire itself should not contain samples, holes - but surface cracks do not affect the sound quality.
A more advanced design will be the design, some of which from the dynamics side is closed with a wooden ring, drank from the same plywood itself. The speaker is fixed not on the tire itself, but on a plywood ring, which can be connected to the back, where there is a deaf wall of plywood, using long through self-tapping screws or bolts. Such a column can be rolled on the road. But it contains only one speaker, since it is possible to place two or more difficult in flat and limited space. Amplifier, power supply and filters are placed on the rear wall.
From banks Pringles.
The simplest, but unusual option - aluminum, cardboard, plastic banks and glasses are used as a column, making a slot and inserting a smartphone in them . More "advanced" - put in a jar from the chips or a glass suitable for the diameter of the speaker. The principle of any such column is based on the fact that the sound, reattaching from the walls, acquires an extra volume. But without an amplifier and high-quality column of good and bright, you will not get a beautiful sound. Making a speaker, the speaker of which is directed up, from the bank from PRINGLES chips similarly to any design, as a housing of the PVC pipe for sewage.
From the bottle
Any plastic or glass bottle is suitable. Plastic cut and drill safer. For glass, diamond dries and crown, and the process itself is performed under water. Make the following .
- Drill in a bottle with a crown hole under the speaker.
- Remove the mounting holes for the self-tapping screw. The phase inverter will serve or open neck, or an additionally drilled by a crown of the hole under a piece of plastic pipe.
- Pour the sealant into the holes, set the speaker with in advance soldiers. Tighten the screws. "Dry" in the glass you can not screw in the glass - the bottle will crack and split into parts.
Do not use bottles of tempered glass - it is not processed and immediately break into small cubic fragments with dull edges.
The headphones column is an option in which instead of a dynamic head that is not calculated for a decent volume on a large distance of the distance, any modern speaker is used. The side of the headset is dramatically limited to accommodate the amplifier and the feeding battery. In such a column, a piece of all the same PVC pipes are applied. However, when the column is passive, the process is significantly accelerated. Step-by-step instructions lies in the following.
- Disassemble the headphones and remove the heads with membranes.
- Insert the speakers on their place. The speaker is selected thin and flat as possible.
- Connect the wires that have previously supplied high-frequency voltage to the membrane heads.
- Secure the speakers using self-tapping screws.
- Close (if it turns out) grid inserts.
It is possible to turn headphones in the column if they were originally large enough - the ears were completely closed. If the speakers are not inserted completely, do not close, then use the equivalent replacement that is made as follows.
- Remove the membrane heads from the headphones.
- Slim in the bottom of a plastic or cardboard glass of holes, slightly smaller heads themselves in diameter.
- Insert and glue the membranes.
This option is very easy to manufacture. The disadvantage is the volume of sound no more than 30 decibels. This sound is comparable to a radio button, it is used in rooms where noise is small.
Such acoustics refers more to comic - it is not designed for professional use. For full columns, speakers are needed. If inserting small-sized speakers instead of headphone membranes failed, The cylindrical design is already familiar to you as the basis.
- On the back of the headphones, we ride a hole in which the magnet will enter the reverse side of the speaker. The hole should be much larger than the magnet itself - only the side carrying structure will remain from the headphone housing. The rear (outer) headphone wall will be cut entirely.
- Enclose with a thermoclaus or "Moment-1" Headphone has just made a cut piece of PVC pipe.
- Place inside the pipe power supply (or lithium-ion battery with a recharge controller) and the amplifier itself. It turns out the active column.
- Similarly, make the basis for another headphone, position the speaker in it. It turns out a passive column. In stereo systems, only one of the columns is active.
- Output the audio server from the passive column, Sleep the plug with a standard 3.5 mm diameter.
- Cut into the active column the same connector to connect passive. Connect one of the stereo modes of the amplifier to it. The second is to the dynamics of the active column directly.
- Cut another connector in the active column - To connect an external sound source (for example, a smartphone), connect it to the stereo engine of the amplifier.
- Connect the power supply To the input for it on the amplifier.
- Check that all parts and nodes are securely fixed, Close both columns using a plug.
If the speakers are powered by the battery - instead of the power supply, connect the battery to the discharge controller, and the controller itself is to the power outputs of the amplifier. Connect the charge controller to the battery, embroodbles its connector into the round walls of the active column. If you need a wireless connection - purchase and install the Bluetooth audiolate in the active column.
- Before finally collect columns, Test their work, namely - sound quality. It should coincide with the settlement. Make the acoustic calculation of the room.
- Soldering, electronics assembly only with disabled nutrition: This will prevent her failure with a random touch of a soldering iron of two and more subtle conclusions located nearby.
- You can improve sound using a sound maze instead of the phaseinverter. Pay attention to the designs in which this labyrinth is. It is made of fragments of the cable box or additional partitions inside.
- It is reasonable to pay time and use materials, components for better systems. Regardless of the audiophile you or not, good sound quality for the minimum (10 times smaller) money will pay off with interest. Columns will work out more than a dozen years.
- Choose branded speakers, Beware of fakes.
- Amplifier, in contrast to a good subwoofer, costs up to 100 times cheaper. Over the past 20-25 years, the urzch chips fell in price. Select the speaker power amplifier - and it, and the column must be consistent.
- Be sure to secure the massive radiator on the powerful amplifier chip. Otherwise, the amplifier, working with 40 seconds or a minute, turns off until the microcircuit cools to room temperature.
- Fill out the free sections of the inside of each wall of the column by damping matter - She will get rid of the resonance. The damper is suitable only for columns without a phase inverter.
- In non-standard columns (from a bottle, auto strokes, round box from under anything) Several raising low frequency level will help the passive emitter - speaker with two diffusers.
- If finance is allowed - apply the horn speakers: They create the effect of the presence of a listener in the hall, and not simply transmit high-quality sound. For them there is a composite audio film, where the general low-frequency subwoofer is used - and multi-channel satellites are connected to different high-frequency outputs.
- After assembling the column, make its exterior finish - She will fit into the room design.
About how to make an acoustic system with your own hands, look next.
The sound in Creta does not want to saw, listening to the "patch" of 🙁 houses too, and never happened. Of all the Meloman pleasures - the player FiO X3 II and the EDIFIER H850 headphones (by the way, very good for its value).
And the sound of the soul requires 🙂. So I decided to make myself a gift in the form of homemade acoustics for the upcoming birthday. Buying something more decent - expensive, used - I do not want.
So we will do, preferably with minimal cost.
As the basis took the acoustics of Wavecor. For reference: The head of Wavercor Ltd is a leaving from Danish VIFA A / S Allan Isaxen. After combining the VIFA and Peerless companies in DST (Danish Sound Technology), he headed the Chinese DST Loudspeakers (Panyu) Ltd. compartment.
Up until 2005 - until the founding of Wavecor Ltd. and Sch / LF Wavecor WF146WA01-01, RF Wavecor TW022WA05-01.
The price tag for these positions in the audio wage was more than sane, so we take a little upset with the delivery of a SDEK, the load lay in Kazan four days, now it does not matter, but the siphel remains)
For this bundle we find crossovers from Crescendo Opus 8.6 (Hi, Merrsonn). The old pre-top line (there was another Opus 9.9), we are in principle more and no need.
Good components for inexpensive. All condenses - Jantzen Z-CAP film, Ohmite resistor on HF. Point of section 3.5kHz. What doctors from Wavecor prescribed
A sudden problem was the absence of a normal material for making boxes. Wherever look, everywhere solid plywood grade 4 and LDSP in addition. But good people (hello, 2MIX) fell to find MDF in our aul
MDF 16mm. Already spotted on the desired size. Vise home
To connect parts of the case, a fundamentally abandoned the various types of self-sufficiency, corners and other hardware. Just glue PVA Moment Joinar Super and Wooden Sucks. We drill holes and pretend
Two boxes. External dimensions 310 * 210 * 210 mm. Front and rear walls 310 * 210 mm, side 310 * 178 mm, upper and lower 178 * 178 mm. Internal volume of 8.8 liters
A pretty skin with a 120-bed joint, the spatula is evenly applied to PVA glue on the glued surfaces, we are waiting for 10-15 minutes and fix it. It was more correct to use clamps, but they need quite a lot.
The total cost of clamps capable of pulling such dimensions was beyond the scope of reasonable. Therefore, it took advantage of the priests - left for a day under a press from books, drawers with tools and, additionally, pulled a durable rope.
After drying the adhesive, it is carefully whining outside for alignment, suspicious places once again handled PVA glue.
We get such boxes. Inside all the joints wrapped the sealant and left another day
There will be no struts. More precisely, I robbed this moment: / Therefore, to give additional stiffness to the housings and damping of vibrations, we use vibrating measureal of noiseff. All joints are punctured
We put markings under the holes and pretend how difficult it will be to install the crossover after the front wall is pasted. It seems that there are no special problems
For damping used Visaton Damping Material (synthetic wool). Complete two sheets sufficient for about 20 liters volume. It is very convenient to work with it.
Pretend placement inside the case
Impossible holes are impossible to cut holes, so I gave the front walls to professionals with the presence of a mill (hello, Valmont). The left and right edges of the front wall at my request were also treated with a cutter.
In a similar way, with the help of joinery of the PVA and the waders, the front wall was placed, pre-sinking it from the inside vibromatter with noiseff. The entire outer surface thoroughly sodes so that the joints of the walls were practically not felt
For an external finish, it chose not painting, but veneer. Here I was waiting for a pleasant surprise - there is an online store in Ufa, where it turned out to be veneer Fine Line Items! Moreover, it is extremely inexpensive, for a sheet of 1400 * 650 gave about 300 with the trifles of rubles.
Glue also took a special for veneer (smell like from glue moment, only many times stronger). Tassel applies glue on both surfaces, wait a few minutes and glue. To speed up the process, use the usual iron. First, the front and side walls with one sheet, then the back, lower and top.
The edges of the glued veneer are easily processed by the skin so that it turns out the perfect junction (who is interested, you can see on YouTube, a lot of rollers on this topic). A small hitch arose when processing holes under the dynamics.
But thanks to those who are not indifferent to people from the chat in Vaiber, they suggested: a pre-acute knife cut the holes in the veneer, the remaining part at an angle inwards to the whisch; The veneer itself is bent and with further processing the skins fall off.
Then successive grinding. Granularity 180, 240, 360, 600. Next process the surface with matte transparent varnish. Two times three layers with the processing of the 600th grinding paper between layers
As a result, we get such drawers, almost coinciding on the color with furniture in the living room.
From the terminals stuffing the terminals in a plastic cup for subwoofers, I refused, for why reduce the rigidity and drink a sufficiently large hole in the box when you can not do this. We will fully fit the "banana" type audio terminals from the electronics store.
Previously saving the outer surface with painting tape, we drill the holes with a diameter of 6 mm. Insert the terminals into the holes, from the inside, we miss the remnants of mastic from vibrating measure
Inside the terminal just in case, insulating the foil with washers cut from a plastic card with PIN codes from an old SIM card. Down a few layers of bilateral scotch glue crossover. Speaker Installation Places Proceed by Special Tape AudioCore Foam Gasket Tape
Wires to the speakers first wanted to connect with terminals. But there were no good terminals. Therefore, we solder the wires from silver plated copper Crescendo Interlude, which remained from the installe in the previous car (Hi, AVP-UFA)
For fastening the speakers, such audiophile screws 🙂 TORX
We connect the wires to the crossover, install acoustics. Bottom - self-adhesive rubber legs for audio equipment. To scatter the spikes did not give their own toad: /
Audio cables All from the same remnants of Crescendo Interlude. Tips - Nakamichi Bananas with Aliexpress. And, of course, snake
Soon the fairy tale affects, but no sooner is done. The whole process from buying Wavecor acoustics to the first launch took almost three weeks. But at times cheaper than buying something similar in the store / flea market. And most importantly - done with your own hands.
Test start ... The speakers are not heated. So far we can say that the sound turned out with a "dark" bias. But at the same time, all the details of the voice are heard perfectly
- And just photos of the result
- By the source, the Tsap and the amplifier will probably make a separate entry, for the film limit is almost exhausted.
- Special thanks thanks to Karennur, C5D, and everyone else for consultation and help in creating my first home.
A source: https://www.drive2.ru/b/475166870278766626/
Good day Dear readers MYSKU. ! Under the cat, you are waiting for a review of self-made acoustics created on modern domestic speakers. Cheap kids with a serious sound.
I like a small two-haired acoustics. Does not take up much space in the apartment, you can put on the table, in the wall on the rack; And movies with a subwoofer can sound.
I already had similar homemade speakers on the speakers www.asalab.net
In the creation of homemade acoustics there are two rational paths:
one. Thorny. For Guru. Independent selection of speakers, calculation and modeling of the case, measurement of speakers in the case, modeling the separation filter, crossed.
2. Cheat. Almost for all. Choosing a finished acoustics project for self-repeat. Actually repetition. (The choice of projects for example here and then) the review will be about the second point.
This acoustics are Alexey Alexandrova project. Here is a page for this acoustics. There you can find the most important for the project of acoustics: a set of speakers, the size of the housing and the dividing filter scheme. Here is a discussion on the forum.
Speakers: LF / MC Speaker (hereinafter referred to as the base) B1354.8 shows a large magnet for 5 "dynamics. HF emitter (hereinafter the s) T252.8 Aluminocramic dome and neodymium magnet. About the company Asa Lab. Plus their products are accessibility. Cons - this is working with clients, about it below. On their site there are price and delivery conditions. The order was made through the mail indicated in contacts. Payment through bank transfer.
Package with speakers:
All trams from the office collected and in the box 😉
Now about sad:
For some reason, a mistake was crushed in the designation of squeakers from the manufacturer and instead of T252 I received T251, which are also more than the diameter of the flange.
But it was still half a womb - the bass diffuser had another than in the project.
And one of the bassovikov was with a marriage: the coil was rubbed in the gap and a stranger was heard.
So it looked at the measurements of the ICH:
Explaining this to the manufacturer, I sent the speakers back to Kaluga and after a month I got back all that you need. Postage compensated for me to transfer to the card. Moral remained with me. The second parcel did not photograph, but the essence of the same. Now the desired speakers: But still the color of the dome of the sake of the other!
Corps I did the author of the project:
Material MFD 16 mm. Painting. Phaseinverter slit. We arrived in autotrading from Orenburg. The hulls came out quality, like factory. Not a collective farm case is usually the headache of self-delicacies.
Decided on not a typical column color - white.
In comparison with black.
The speakers stood like glued
Elements of the separation filter:
My scheme is somewhat different from the author.
Author's layout filter
Terminals for connecting to an amplifier are the same as in my past review, bought on eBay. Film, bipolar capacitors and resistors purchased in local stores, but made in China.
Inductance coils from the audio store.
Top mounted mounting
Laying under the speaker
Inside a bit of syntheps
It turned out an acoustic system with the following characteristics:
Nominal resistance of 8 ohms; Rated power / peak power 50/100 W; Sensitivity 84 dB / W; Frequency of crossover 2 kHz; Recommended power amplifier 50-100 W; Range of reproducible frequencies + -3 dB 50-25000 Hz; Dimensions 250x170x280 mm; Weight of 6.3 kg pieces; The overall budget of acoustics is slightly less than 10 thousand rubles.
Do not expect such a pressure from such kids, there is enough drive on the bottom. High frequencies of juicy, plates sound in the room, and not behind a down blanket. The middle, the voice is also very reliably transmitted. In general, everything is an adult. There is a feature - you need a powerful amplifier, with good load control.
Lishe: Stands for acoustics and shelf under the equipment are also homemade, but there managed without foreign shops. On the shelf:
Solid State Player, Amplifier 1, Amplifier 2, Network Filter.
Thanks for attention! Specify questions in x.
A source: https://mysku.ru/blog/russia-stores/27967.html
Columns do it yourself from car speakers: Components for assembling columns
But at all, it is not necessary to purchase a new device if old columns broke or there was not at all. It is quite realistic to make them with your own hands from car speakers. Such work does not take much time, and also does not require a large number of additional materials. The task will cope with even a beginner, which allows you to significantly save on the purchase of a computer accessory. But how to make columns yourself?
Components for assembling columns from car speakers
First of all, it is necessary to prepare all the necessary materials and carefully examine the sequence of actions. Without this, it is easy to make a mistake in the process of work and not only not to achieve a positive result, but also to spend water, which could be used more rationally.
So, what will be needed for the manufacture of speakers from car speakers:
- The speakers themselves, preferably coaxial;
- Wooden boxes for plants that will be used for the manufacture of the housing;
- a circular saw;
- Plywood for covers;
- Fire and selflessness;
- Putclock and primer for wooden surfaces;
- Paint for finishing coating.
Columns from car speakers do it yourself: drawings
The process of creating home-made speakers is quite simple: the first thing you need to measure speakers and cut holes in wooden boxes for them.
You can then go to the design of the covers - they must be cut out of plywood and secure in any convenient way, in advance drums for fasteners.
IMPORTANT! Preferably any joints of the boxes are sealed. So you will be confident in the quality and reliability of the finished product.
After that, process the surface of the primer and putty for wood. Leave to dry at the required time, which is always indicated by the manufacturer on the package. You can walk along the surface with a grinding machine - so the lid will become indistinguishable from the rest of the "body" of the box. As a finish coating, paint the drawers of any water-based paint.
Now you can proceed to the design of the speakers themselves. Boxes can be filled from within cotton so that they are not empty. Solder wires and speakers on pre-placed places. Be sure to treat all the necessary elements with a sealant.
The work is over!
Now you know how to easily and quickly make speakers for home yourself from car speakers and several more additional items.
Such a craft will not only be useful, but also will fit into the interior, because you can perform the decor exactly in such a style that is perfect for decorating the desired room.
Immediately after the end of the work, check the sound quality. If everything is in order, you can safely start using your new columns.
Subscribe to our social networks
A source: https://setafi.com/elektronika/kolonki/kolonki-svoimi-rukami-iz-avtomobilnyh-dinamikov/
Acoustic system with your own hands: selection of speakers, acoustic design, manufacture
Make sound columns with your own hands - with this, many begins a hobby, but very interesting business - sound reproduction technique. Economic considerations are often becoming the initial motivation: the prices for branded electroacousty are overestimated not excessively - loosely brazen. If you are sworn audiophiles that do not scatter on rare radiol vias for amplifiers and a flat silver wire for winding sound transformers, complain on the forums that prices for acoustics and speakers are systematically swept away, then the problem is really serious. Would you like a house speakers for 1 million rubles. couple? Ensure, there will be more expensive. Therefore, the materials of this article are designed primarily for the very beginning: they need to quickly, simply and inexpensively make sure that the creation of their hands, on everything for which the funds left ten times less than on the "steep" brand, can "sing" No worse or at least comparable. But, perhaps, something outlined will be revealed and for Matters of amateur electroacustics - if it is awarded to reading.
Acoustic systems of industrial and amateur manufacturers and dynamics for them
Column or speaker?
Sound column (KZ, Sound column) This is one of the types of acoustic design of electrodynamic heads of loudspeakers (GG, speakers), designed for technical and informational voicing of large public spaces.
In general, the acoustic system (AC) consists of a primary sound emitter (from) and its acoustic design, providing the required sound quality. Home speakers for the most part looks like sound columns, so they were so nicknamed.
Electro-acoustic systems (EAS) have an electrical part of the electrical part: wires, terminals, separation filters, built-in sound frequency power amplifiers (UMP, in active AC), computing devices (in the speakers with digital channel prefix), etc.
The acoustic design of household speakers is posted as a rule in the case, why they look more or less elongated up columns.
Acoustics and electronics
The acoustics of the perfect speaker is excited in the entire range of audible frequencies of 20-20,000 Hz with one broadband primary out.
Electroacistics slowly, but confidently goes to the ideal, however, the best results are shown yet with the frequency separation on the channels (bands) of the LF (20-300 Hz, low frequencies, bass), sch (300-5000 Hz, medium) and RF (5000 -20 000 Hz, high, top) or LF-sch and HF.
The first, naturally, is called 3-strip, and the second - 2-ways. It is best to start to master in electroacustics best with 2-band speakers: they allow at home without unnecessary costs and difficulties to get quality sound to high Hi-Fi (see below) inclusive.
A beep signal from the umzch or, in active speakers, low-power from the primary source (player, a sound card of a computer, tuner, etc.) is distributed on frequency channels by separation filters; This is called the patch of the channels, like the dividing filters themselves.
Further, the article discusses mainly how to make columns providing good acoustics. The electronic part of the electroacoustics is the subject of a special serious discussion, and not one.
Here you need to notice only that, first of all, at first it is not necessary to take for a close to the perfect, but complex and expensive digital precipitation, but to apply passive on inductively capacitive filters.
For a 2-band speaker, only one plug of low and high frequency filters is needed (FSC / FVCH).
To calculate the separation stair filters of the AC there are special programs, for example. JBL Speaker Shop.
However, at home, the individual setting of each plug for specific copies of the speakers, firstly, does not affect production costs in mass production.
Secondly, the replacement of the GG into the AC is required only in exceptional cases. So, to the prediction of the frequency channels of the speakers can be naway:
- The frequency of the LF-SCH Mch is not lower than 6 kHz, otherwise it will not be enough for a sufficiently uniform amplitude-frequency characteristic (ACH) of the entire AC in the area of the account, which is very bad, see below. In addition, at high frequency of the section, the filter is obtained inexpensive and compact;
- Prototypes for calculating the filter take links and half-sized filters of type k, because Their phase-frequency characteristics (FCH) are absolutely linear. Without complying with this condition, the frequency of the frequency of the section will be significantly uneven and the uncens will appear in the sound;
- To obtain the source to calculate the data, it is necessary to measure the impedance (complete electrical resistance) of the LF-SC and RF GG at the partition frequency. Specified in the passport of the GG 4 or 8 Ohm - their active resistance on the constant current, and the impedance at the partition frequency will be greater. The impedance is measured sufficiently: the GG is connected to the audio frequency generator (GZH) configured to the partition frequency, with the output is not weaker than 10 V to a load of 600 ohms through a resistor of knowingly greater resistance, for example. 1 com. You can use low-power GZch and Umzch high loyalty. Impedance is determined in relation to the voltages of sound frequency (ZCH) on the resistor and GG;
- The LF-SC impedance (GG, heads) is taken for the characteristic resistance of the low frequency filter (FNH), and the impedance of the head of the head is for the ρv filter of high frequencies (FVCH). The fact that they are different - well, the jester with them, the output resistance of the umzch, the "rocking" speaker, is negligible compared to the topics;
- From the UMRs, the units of the FNH and the FVCH reflective type are set, so as not to overload the amplifier and not to select the power in the conjugate channel of the AU. Turns to the GG, on the contrary, absorbing links that the return from the filter did not give the pride. Thus, the FNH and FVCH AS will have no less than a link with a semi-vene;
- The attenuation of the FNH and PVCH at the partition frequency is taken equal to 3 dB (1.41 times), because The steepness of the k-filters is small and uniform. Not 6 dB, as it may seem, because Filters are calculated on the voltage, and the power supply to the GG depends on its square;
- Adjustment of the filter comes down to "muffling" of too loud channel. Measure the volume of the channels at the partition frequency using a computer microphone, turning off alternately and the LF-SC. The degree of "stitching" is defined as the root square from the volume of channel volume;
- The excess volume of the channel is cleaned with a pair of resistors: quenching on a share or unit OM includes consistently with GG, and in parallel both of them - equalizing greater resistance so that the impedance GG with resistors remains unchanged.
Explanation of the technique
The technically knowledgeable reader may have a question: so what do you have a comprehensive filter work? Yes, and in this case - nothing terrible.
FCH K-filters is linear, as it is said, and Hi-Fi Umzch is almost the perfect voltage source: its output resistance is units and dozens.
Under such conditions, the "reflecting" from the reactratus GG will partially burst in the output absorbing link / semi-veneer of the filter, but mostly leaks back to the yazch output, where it will shine without a trace. In the conjugated channel, actually nothing will pass, because The ρ of its filter is repeatedly larger.
There is one danger: if the impedance of the GG and ρ is different, in the circuit, the output of the filter - the Circulation of the power will begin, why the bass will become dull, "flat", attacks on the sch are tightened, and the top is sharp, with a housing. Therefore, it is necessary to customize the impedance GG and ρ exactly, and in the event of a replacement, the Channel will have to configure again.
Note: Do not attempt to make up active speakers with analog active filters on operating amplifiers (OU). It is impossible to achieve the linearity of their phase characteristics in a wide range of frequencies, therefore, for example, the analog active filters did not fit in a sense of telecommunication.
What is Haifai.
Hi-Fi is known to reduce High Fidelity - high loyalty (sound playback).
The concept of Hi-Fi was originally taken as vague and not subject to standardization, but the informal division of it was gradually developed; The numbers in the list are indicated according to the range of reproducible frequencies (operating range), the maximum allowable nonlinear distortion coefficient (book) on the rated power (see
Further), the minimum allowable dynamic range relative to its own noise of the room (dynamics, the maximum volume ratio to the minimum), the maximum permissible non-uniformity of the frequency response and its collapse (recession) at the edges of the operating range:
- Absolute or complete - 20-20 000 Hz, 0.03% (-70 dB), 90 dB (at 31 600 times), 1 dB (1.12 times), 2 dB (1.25 times).
- High or heavy - 31.5-18 000 Hz, 0.1% (-60 dB), 75 dB (5600 times), 2 dB, 3 dB (1.41 times).
- Medium or basic - 40-16,000 Hz, 0.3% (-50 dB), 66 dB (2000 times), 3 dB, 6 dB (2 times).
- The initial - 63-12 500 Hz, 1% (-40 dB), 60 dB (1000 times), 6 dB, 12 dB (4 times).
It is curious that the high, basic and initial Hi-Fi approximately correspond to the highest, the first and second classes of household electroacustics according to the USSR system.
The concept of absolute Hi-Fi has occurred with the appearance of condenser, film-panel (isoodinan and electrostatic), inkjet and plasma sound emitters. Heavy (Heavy) High Hi-Fi called Anglo-Saksa, t.
To. High High Fidelity in English is the same as oil oil.
What is needed Haifay?
Home acoustics for a modern apartment or a house with good sound insulation must satisfy the conditions on the basic Hi-Fi. High there, of course, worse will not sound, but it will be much more expensive.
In block Khrushchev or Brezhnev, how not toraxize them, the initial and basic Hi-Fi distinguish only professional experts. The grounds for such swinging requirements for home acoustics are as follows.
First, the full range of sound frequencies hear literally units of people from all mankind. People gifted in particularly subtle musical hearing, such as Mozart, Tchaikovsky, J.
Gershwin, hear high Hi-Fi.
Experienced professional musicians in the concert hall confidently perceive the basic Hi-Fi, and 98% of ordinary listeners in the audio chamber in the frequency almost never distinguish the initial and basic.
Curves equal volume
Secondly, in the most hearing area, the SC person in terms of dynamics distinguishes sounds in the range of 140 dB, counting from the threshold of hearingness of 0 dB, equal to the intensity of the sound stream in 1 PVT per square. m, see fig. Right curves of equal volume. The sound is louder than 140 dB is already pain, and then - damage to hearing organs and contusion.
The symphony orchestra of the extended composition on the powerful fortissimo issues the dynamics of the sound to 90 dB, and in the halls of the Big Opera, Milan, Paris, Vienna Opera Houses and Metropolitan Opera in New York, is able to "accelerate" to 110 dB; This is the dynamic range of leading jazz gangs with symphonic accompaniment.
This is the limit of perception, the louder of which the sound turns into another tolerant, but already meaningless noise.
Note: Rock bands can play and louder than 140 dB than Elton John, Freddie Mercury and Rolling Stones were fond of youth. But the dynamics of rock does not exceed 85 dB, because
The gentle pianissimo rock musicians cannot play at all desire - the equipment does not allow, and the rock "in spirit" does not happen.
As for the pops of any kind and soundtracks to the movies, it is not at all the topic - their dynamic range is already compressed to 66, 60 and even 44 dB so that you can listen to what it fell.
Thirdly, natural noises in a quiet living room of a country house behind the backyards of civilization - 20-26 dB. Sanitary norm of noise in the reading room of the library - 32 dB, and the rustle of the leaves in the fresh wind is 40-45 dB.
It is clear that the speakers of high Hi-Fi in 75 dB are more than enough for meaningful listening in living conditions; The dynamics of modern urzch average, as a rule, no worse than 80 dB.
In the urban apartment recognize the dynamics of the basic and high Hi-Fi is almost impossible.
Note: In a room, no longer 26 dB, the frequency range of favorites Hi-Fi can be narrowed to before. class, because The disguise effect affects the background of unheard noises, the ear sensitivity falls in frequency.
But that Hi-Fi is Haifay, and not "happiness" for "favorite" neighbors and harm to the health of the owner, it is necessary to ensure more possibly smaller sound distortion, correct reproduction of LF, smooth response in the scheduling area, and determine the necessary Electric power AC.
With HF problems, as a rule, does not happen, because their books "go" into a non-hearing ultrasound region; You only need to put a good RF head at the AC. It is enough to notice here that if you prefer the classics and jazz, the RF GG is better to take with a diffuser at a power of 0.2-0.3 from the channel of the channel, for example.
3GDV-1-8 (2GD-36 in old) and the like. If you are "rushing" from rigid tops, then the optimal will be the RF GG with a dome emitter (see below) with a capacity of 0.3-0.5 from the power of the LF; The game on the drums brushes naturally reproduce only dome "squeezes".
However, the good dome RF GG is suitable for any music.
Sound distortion is possible linear (whether) and nonlinear (nm).
Linear distortion is, simply, the inconsistency of the average volume level of the audition conditions, for which in any urzch and there is a volume control. In expensive 3-band speakers for high Hi-Fi (eg.
, Soviet AC-30s, they are S-90) often introduce the attenuators of power for the sch and HF, in order to make it possible to more accurately adjust the frequency AC to the room acoustics.
As for neither, they, as they say, carry numbers and constantly discover new ones. The presence of either the sound path is expressed in the fact that the form of the output signal (which the sound is already in the air) is not fully identical to the form of the source signal from the primary source. Most of all spoil the purity, "transparency" and "juice" of the sound. Nor
- Harmonic - overtones (harmonics), multiple the main frequency of the playable sound. Manifest themselves as overlooking bass, sharp and tough sch and HF;
- Intermodulation (combinational) - amounts and differences in the frequencies of the components of the source spectrum. Strong combinations are neither angry as kind, but weak, but the spoofing sound can be recognized only in the laboratory of multi-signal or statistical on test soundtracks by methods. For rumor - the sound is sort of clean, but some kind of not like that;
- Transition - "jitter" forms of the output signal with sharp increases / recession of the original. Show themselves short wheezing and sobbing, but irregularly, on the jumps of the volume;
- Resonant (Calm) - Podzvon, Daveg, Bubrination;
- Frontal (Sound Attack Distortions) - Tightening or, On the contrary, forcing sharp changes in overall volume. Almost always arise in conjunction with transition;
- Noise - hum, rustling, hissing;
- Irregular (sporadic) - clicks, cod;
- Interference (AI or IFI, so as not to be confused with intermodulation). Characteristic precisely for the AC, in the UMP IFI do not arise. Very harmful because Great and unrelated without major alterations of the AU. For more information about IPI, see below.
Note: "Wheems" and pr. Fashionable distortion descriptions here and further are given from the Hi-Fi point of view, i.e. As already hearing the sophisticated listeners. A, for example, speech speakers are designed to books at rated power of 6% (in China - by 10%) and 1
A source: https://vopros-remont.ru/elektrika/akusticheskaya-sistema/
Hi-end acoustics do it yourself, or how to make good columns
Dedicated to those who have free time
Open a popular magazine about a good sound and gladly look at elegant images (if you do not say the image) of the acoustic systems, and see what. Powerful towers were pretty on all sides by the speakers, glisten with their lacquered sides, pressing parquet with sharp spikes and generally cause a sense of deep respect.
It seems that they have only one drawback - this is, of course, the price.
There is a completely logical question, and what if you make a copy of any monster himself? Buy the speaker is easy, collect the housing, let and not so beautiful - too, coils and capacitors can be domestic, carefully solder 3 parts - and the task for the student of the 10th grade school is at all.
Taking into account the number of ready-made modules that EBay offers, make a good amplifier not much more difficult.
What is there only no: switching, protection of the speakers, class A-AB-D card, volume controls for every taste, beautiful housings made specifically for audio, handles, legs and transformers - know only connect.
In the next article, we will definitely tell how to collect your amplifier who will not give way to most of the "branded" samples worth up to 60-70 thousand rubles.
Perhaps further in the text you will meet unfamiliar words. Fortunately, we came to the aid of an unknown audiophile and left link on your personal archive of information on acoustics and amplifiers, there is really EVERYTHING And even more, we strongly recommend for familiarization.
What to do? Plywood, MDF, chipboard, plastic, array.
The world saw many strange acoustic structures, for example, from concrete or slag block. Nevertheless, the above-mentioned timber based on wood remained the above. Let's try to understand which one is "more correct." Basic rule - regardless of the material selected, do not save on it, that is, the price.
The first is the king of modern Hi-Fi and Hi-End industry - MDF, It made the vast majority of columns, both expensive and cheap.
The reason is simple - low cost, ease of processing and finishing, including options with a finished veneer, lack of bright resonances.
With competent design, the optimal result is guaranteed. We recommend that there is nothing more to say.
Plastic - The concept is very tensile, its "authority" is significantly accumulated by cheap Chinese fakes, although his advantages is not less than that of any other material. The problem is inaccessible for an amateur opportunity to cast your billets from the desired material - pass by.
A good material for the manufacture of the acoustic system case can serve Chipboard . Perhaps the main drawback is a lot of trouble trimming, it does not matter what you decide: to paint, veneer or trim.
The chipboard has a huge plus: if you need to do quickly and very cheap, you can use the factory laminated slab (LDSP). In this case, the high aesthetics is unlikely to succeed, but the price and speed will leave far behind all other applicants.
If you compare the resonant properties of materials in the context of the suitability for the columns - chipboard takes the first place, although the difference compared to the MDF is small.
Capricious, but always desired by "Matter Audiophiles" Mrs. plywood . Plywood is a few species - birch, coniferous, alder, laminated. Why capricious? Any Phaneur "leads", that is, when drying, the sheet changes its geometry, when sawing, chips often appear.
It is also not the easiest to finish the material if you want to get a "deaf" matte color without taking faces, textures, ribs. The reason for tolerate these torments is rather controversial: according to "experienced" only Plywood gives the most living breathing that "kill" chipboard and MDF.
I do not understand the desire to make a body from the "live" plywood and "kill" her layers of putty, soil, paints, varnish in an attempt to hide the "terrible" joints with streaks (layers of plywood), who look at the day and night with a dumb represented on his owner .
More preferable options for special impregnation, at least the same "Danish oil", not so scary these dark "stripes" on the edges of the case ...
What kind of pussy is this chipboard? Maybe immediately from one-piece oak, yes thicker!? Do not rush to insert speakers in the first saw. Contrary to expectations array Woods of valuable breeds do not enriches the sound in proportion to nested money, moreover, even requires additional damping compared to cheaper materials.
Although his undoubted advantages are ease of finishes: if acoustics are assembled carefully, bring it to a pretty eco-type will not be much difficulty. Instead of increasing the thickness, it is recommended to add (glued) from the back of another sheet of less resonant material, for example, the same MDF, to make a "sandwich".
The most successful application of the array is a "shield" type acoustics where a beautiful and heavy front panel is required.
Exotic. Often the choice is due to what is at hand. Just like a bird can virtuoso in a nest, every garbage and Meloman drags everything that lies badly.
Can be found on the open spaces of the ideas embodied from sanitary pipes, artificial stone, papier-mâché, cases and enclosures from musical instruments, primitive building materials, goods IKEA, etc., I.T.P.
Where to insert speakers?
The main task of acoustic design can be formulated by a simple language approximately as follows: to obtain the maximum separating the oscillations emitted by the front side of the dynamics diffuser, from the same anti-phase oscillations emitted by the rear side of the diffuser.
An infinite screen is considered the perfect acoustic design from the point of view of the textbook, such an incredibly huge shield in which speaker is installed. An understandable thing, the words "incredibly huge" are not suitable for our dwelling, or wages, so that engineers began to look for the way to "minimize" this screen with minimally negative consequences for sound.
It so happened all the variety of options, some have discarded themselves the most extensive fame on the Internet, and we will consider them in this article.
Just speaker or case without housing
It is hard to imagine that there is such a kind of "acoustics", but, lying through the tape of photographs in Pinterest on the topic of audio, increasingly stumble upon a bunch of 12-inch speakers, which are collected together without any design and clearly represent a complete unit.
Probably, the author's plan is permeated by the following logic: any body spoils the sound, better acoustic short circuit than wooden shackles, but so that there is at least some "bottom", you need to take dynamics with the maximum area of the diffuser, which only enough money.
If this is your way - no comment.
- Shield and "broadband"
- They say those who tried the lamp, broadband speaker and open decoration, are never returned to the traditional, transistor-rubber lifestyle. Describe the properties of the shield. An occupation is not grateful, all the necessary information is in the archive, but for the most lazy - and on YouTube, where they explain in detail what it is for the beast and with what it is eaten, for example:
The greatest plus of such a design is simplicity of manufacture. Need a sheet of beloved material and jigsaw. The most important criterion that will affect the final sound quality - the cost of the installed dynamic head. Restless folk glory has gained dynamics 4A32, even such grants, like FOSTEX, SONIDO, SUPRAVOX, SICA, or Visaton B200 itself, remained far behind.
The saying "The size matters" is the best mathematical formula for the shield (the more - the better). Next, there are variations of the shield, for example, a shield, with rolled side walls, a shield, which has a low-frequency module made in the form of a box with a phase inverter, I.T.P.
The proprietary feature of the sound is the "air" sound with a minimum resonance, with a relatively high audio pressure.
PAS - acoustic resistance panel
What if you try to cross the shield and a closed box? It turns out a drawer with a rear wall, in which a lot of holes have been done. The number of holes, their total area in combination with the size of the box will determine the degree of damping (resistance), the low frequency level (the smaller the "holes" - the more bass, but also more "Bubneja"). The amount is selected experimentally, to taste.
- Linear array of emitters, group emitter (GI)
- In fact, such a subspecies of acoustics concerns more speakers, rather than the structure of the hull itself. I think you have already seen the columns, each of which consists of a large number of identical small-little speakers, well, or not very small, to whom the budget and living space allows:
By the electrical circuit, the heads are included in series, that is, the "plus" of the previous one is connected to the "minus" of the subsequent, it is possible to combine a sequential-parallel connection. The number of speakers, in fact, is also limited only by money, common sense, as a rule, by this time it disappears without a trace.
Do not think about me anything bad, I tried such a perversion, I even liked it, if there is an opportunity, I strongly recommend collecting a similar design for at least for the sake of interest. Again, the budget of this disgrace is not very large, as a rule, domestic speakers are applied in good condition, 5GDSh, 8GDSh, 4GD-8E, I.T.
Acoustic design is the same shield or a closed box, preferably a cunning shape, for example triangular. One of the problems that will be faced with a high total resistance, not every amplifier will reveal the potential of the "array". Serial samples manufactured by factory, have more complex solutions, speakers are often collected in cunning modules, filters are added.
Phaseinverter Bass. Reflex. Port, Helmholtz Resonator, He is a Box with "Pipe"
Here it is the most popular version of acoustic design. Mass becomes the most profitable ratio of the price perverse result, our case is no exception for this rule. For those who did not download the archive of an unknown audiofila, explain on the fingers.
In the phase inverter tube there is some volume of air, which depends on its length, it is also "connected" with air, which is contained inside the column. With successful tuning of the pipe length (we will not immediately immerse yourself in the theory) it is possible to achieve more confident reproduction of low frequencies than just in the closed box.
If it is even easier - a deep bass is obtained with the phase inverter. For a more in-depth understanding of the roller with the channel already loved by us:
At least this type of acoustics and popular, it is not so easy to manufacture, one pulls for another.
The speakers that are suitable for such design are called "compression", most often have a rubber suspension and frequency band, which requires the installation of high-frequency link, twitter or diet, that is, an electric filter is added.
The choice of the optimal volume of the body, its geometry, the accurate tuning of the pipe length is of great importance and do not always correspond to the calculated values. The situation facilitates the presence of a mass of projects in the network, where the authors have already passed the thorny path and offer phased instructions with a detailed description that, how, from what to do.
However, there are always enthusiasts that are not satisfied with "ready" and enough perseverance to pass their own way. Disadvantages of the phase inverter - "Bubnej" and "crushed middle". The first is solved by a thorough selection of shape, diameter, material and pipe length; Second - by adding a separate mid-frequency link. The right way to three-band acoustics.
Reverse Roof TQWP and other labyrinths of fate
What did not come up with people to complicate the path of oscillations, coming from the opposite side of the dynamics ... Perhaps most of all the B & W firm with his Nautilus distinguished, at least, put this sea sink-mutant.
But it is the Grande, and all that we can, ordinary audiophiles, so it is to remember our nightmares and put on the rectangular box of skimming with nails so that it does not seem to have little trash.
If seriously - there are such speakers to which the design of the type "phase inverter" is not suitable, and the shield does not give the desired amount of bass, something is compressed from the type of subwoofer in the abdomen. Then the opposite roar or more complex option comes to the rescue - the labyrinth. For those who are interested, how it works, wish you a pleasant viewing
- Someone may argue: Reverse Roof - this is not a completely labyrinth, partly we can agree, but more reliably - it is closer to maze than the classic mouthpiece:
He resembles an old gramophone.
As you can guess from the name, the reverse euphor or a labyrinth is not the easiest kind of acoustic design, it requires a good understanding of the theory, accurate calculation or at least compliance with the factory recommendations. For example, major producers of broadband speakers, as a rule, lead to the documentation for their speakers a couple of options for the drawings of the case.
Onken, closed box (Zya), Rouger, passive emitter and others
Our story goes in the footsteps of popular popularity, and this is a rather narrow list.
The closed box is almost always tambourite, it's hard to pick up the speaker under the onken, the rurs are large in size, complicated in the manufacture and calculation, the passive emitter works well, but for some reason, the structures for some reason did not fit.
Probably, you can find some more rare species or subspecies of the design, which were not mentioned here, what to do, we do not cover everything.
Damping, "packing", "plug"
Cases are ready, what to do with them next? Right, damping. You can split damping into two types: vibration absorption and sound absorption. For vibration absorption, automobile materials, mastic and special sheets with a sticky layer are well suited, preferably the latter.
Sound absorption is observed and mowing, someone like felt, someone wool, batting, sintepon, so on. The answer is quite simple - for a different effect, depending on the type of body and the frequency you want to suppress, the choice of material will depend.
Filling the sound-absorbing material of the case increases its virtual volume, but it is impossible to determine the universal norm, in my opinion.
Setting the crossover (separating filter)
You decided to do multibound acoustics. Does the measuring microphone need? If this is a one-time project, then no, it is not necessary, it is enough to have a test selection of tracks and some experience for understanding, what kind of sound can be called more correct.
You just have to go through the details of the passive filter longer, listen and compare, but in the end the result will be exactly the one that your ears are needed, the room. A little easier is the case with active crossovers.
Previously, they had to do themselves, to strive and breed the fees, to solder, a very turbine process, especially if the scheme has a decent steepness of cut and adjustment, for three-band acoustics - just a wild thing.
The benefit today is just enough to go to eBay and choose the option for yourself to pocket, you want on the operators, you want to DSP. Adjust the frequency, and sometimes steepness of the cut (in particularly rare cases phase), you can smoothly at least every day.
Sometimes it seems to me that the situation in the world of audio reminds the legend of the Babylonian tower. Once, in distant times, when the Noga Van Den Hul has not yet stepped on the ground, people built together one set of home stereo.
Large-large columns, no less large amplifier, and thick-thick cables stretched to them.
I saw this someone over and was horrified - well, and dying, even though the books read what ... The harsh car has suffered uncomfortable audiophiles, since they argue to hoarseness, but they cannot agree, how to do the amplifier columns, that's each , how can.
A source: http://ldsound.ru/hi-end-akustika-svoimi-rukami-ili-kak-sdelat-xoroshie-kolonki/
How to make columns yourself
In today's market of acoustic equipment, many audio systems are represented - they can be of different types, power and design, it is possible to pick up a speaker for every taste and for any needs. However, not always purchased speakers are the perfect option. Many people want to try to make acoustic devices with their own hands - from the realization that this is not a product from the Chinese plant, and something created by its own forces, the columns will even be subjectively to sound.Homemade columns and subwoofer
Of course, to buy columns are much simpler and probably cheaper. But collecting your own columns is not so difficult. The complexity of the process depends on several factors:
- What columns you need. Would you like to collect a full-fledged multichannel system or a simple stereo pair, they should be powerful or not very, broadband or multibone. It depends on all this, first of all, the complexity of calculations, and then - the complexity of the assembly.
- The number of existing parts. The scale of the project may be different - someone collects only the case, and the electrical parts buys in the finished form, and someone independently makes a controlling chip (crossover) and an amplifier. The only thing that in all cases is bought is the dynamic emitters, since it is almost impossible to collect them outside the factory conditions.
- Experience and skills. The main thing is that you need to have - straight hands capable of working on woodworking at a decent level, because in the case of column assembly with your own hands, the total quality of the acoustic system depends on the quality of the manufacture of the body.
If you are sure that you are ready to assemble speakers yourself, you need to prepare tools and materials, and you can proceed. Let us leave aside the question of what type of the total acoustic system is not important, the general principles of assembly are similar, regardless of whether small front speakers are collected or a huge and powerful system 5.1. It will differ, in principle, only the scope of work and the number of calculations.
Before you begin to make acoustic devices with your own hands, you need to figure out what and in what form they can be made. First of all, you should find out what could be the column body.
The quality of the case plays a huge role in giving the sound of purity and volume. If the box is collected with rude structural errors, the consequences can be the most different - from a simple deterioration in the quality of the sound (for example, it will be too deaf) until the entire inoperability of the column. Do not worry ahead of time - accurately, I calculated everything, everything will be on a very worthy time. If some flaws and will be, you can hardly be determined by the unarmed ear. It is also worth remembering that in working with a tree, the decimeter of the error is not an accuracy, so minor errors are quite excuse.Cut Cutter Cutter
The first thing you need to choose is the form of future columns. It can be almost any, but for independent work it is best to choose a traditional rectangular shape. If it is planned to manufacture a non-broadband column, but a subwoofer, then the form must be cubic. Also, we also note that in the manufacture of a low-frequency speaker, the maximum accurate calculations of the column volume, as well as the phase inverter, otherwise the bass will be played not well enough, which will make the meaning of work on no.
The sizes of the column can also be different. If a large set of speakers is used - up to three mid-frequency, one high-frequency twitter and low-frequency subwoofer - column, of course, should be high. At the same time, it can be narrow - the volume is quite enough for high-quality sound. In general, it can be said about the calculation of the volume - but all particularly accurate calculations do not have a special meaning if you do not have ears that can capture the slightest deviations of the amplitude of the sound from the perfect straight line. So it is enough to approximately calculate the required volume, based on the diameter and the power of the dynamic emitter. If a multi-band column, a low-frequency loudspeaker is taken as the basis.
One of the most important points is the right choice of material. The walls of the column body can be made from different types of material, the main thing is that it will respond to the three requirements:
- rigidity - so that the walls do not bent under the action of vibration of speakers;
- affordable price.
The pupil plate of medium density, or MDF, is best suited. One-piece tree is not suitable for the reason that it is too flexible and creates the effect of resonance. In addition, the column is not an absolutely static object - when working in it, the fluctuations are imperceptible to the naked eye and similar movements, because of which the unfolded wood is relatively fast and comes to benumb. One of the few tree breeds that can be used to produce column with your own hands is Eben, or a black tree, which is the most solid of all varieties of wood, and is also perfectly polished. However, the ferrous tree is very expensive, so in most cases it will not fit - after all, one of the goals of independent work is economy.Homemade box of column
Another possible variant of the material is a multilayer plywood. It is easy to handle, and after assembling the case, you can be separated by any decor - for example, a natural veneer. Its only minus is not the highest rigidity, so for greater strength of the design will have to additionally drink edges that will be placed inside the box.
In addition to the materials described, the use of GVL or DSP is possible - they themselves have good sound insulation indicators, which allows you to somewhat savage on the protective material. However, they have a high mass and very difficult in processing. Plastic is not recommended at all - leave polymers to factory manufacturers. Thus, it is best to stop the choice on the chipboard, especially laminated - it is better in properties, and it looks good, imitating almost any material - for example, the same ebony.
As a result, the column must have the following qualities:
- Smooth amplitude-frequency characteristic - this parameter reflects the sound quality, since it is the difference between the resulting electrical signal and the sound waves issued. It is all efforts to make the perfect response that the self-made speaker should be sent to receive. The quality of the frequency response is influenced by many factors - this is the correct location of the parts of the column inside the housing, and the quality of the materials used, and even the environment.
- Decent efficiency. Since the electric signal is transformed in the dynamics to the mechanical movements of the diffuser - the oscillations of its membrane, which create the sound - the efficiency of the efficiency is always very low. You need to try to raise it as high as possible. Assist in this will be able to the correct selection of details.
- Subjective sound quality - the column should be pleasant to listen, because it will be not used to use the device for measuring sound characteristics, but you yourself.
- Cute design - the more attractive the column looks like, the more pleasant will be the use of it.
Fully prepared for work and drawing an exemplary draft column, you can start making the column with your own hands.Column collection components
Technology for creating an acoustic device
One of the main principles that need to be guided during operation is accuracy. It is necessary to maximize all measurements as much as possible before you begin to drink parts, and before their bonding it is necessary to still try to each other.
The stages of the manufacture of column are as follows:
- On the harvested sheets of chipboard, the walls of the future case are drawn. On the walls you need to place spaces for setting the speakers - the holes must be round and perfectly approach the dimensions of the emitters so that there are no cracks in the end.
- Details are cut off. If the board is lacquered, it is better to cut it with a decorating side up so as not to damage the decorative coating.
- How to make the walls of the column? You can use in two ways: either use glue or epoxy resin, or simply twist screws. In the first case, it is necessary to do everything very carefully that the column does not bother. For pressing lubricated with glue parts, you can use the system of vice. To fasten the walls with thin screws, it is also necessary to be carefully so that they come under an ideal direct angle.
- The body should be sealed, therefore, if the joints of the walls are not sufficiently dense, the slots need to be filled with felt, impregnated with glue. If the rear panel is removable, it is necessary to stick a polymer or rubber sealer by its edge.
- If the box is closed, instead of the upholstery of the walls with sound insulation, cotton wool or foam rubber can be covered right so by filling out the entire volume of the column. The main thing is that it does not come into contact with the rear surface of the diffuser. In addition, a channel from the emitter to the phase inverter should be formed.
- It is not necessary to calculate the length of the phase inverter - it is perfectly selected by an experimental way. The diameter is to calculate easily - for example, a 5 cm wide with a diameter of more than 100 mm is perfectly suitable. The length is defined as follows - there are two homemade tubes from cardboard and are inserted into each other, and then placed in the hole intended for the phase inverter. Then the column must be turned on and moving the tubes relative to each other until the air flow from the hole becomes the most active.
- When the housing is assembled, only the speakers and amplifier will remain in it. Emitters are connected or sequentially or in parallel depending on the required column characteristics.
In compliance with the technology, you will undoubtedly get a very high quality column.
Creating columns with your own hands: video
Other column section articles: Other
Despite the tremendous variety of quite modern acoustic systems, among lovers ... 21693.
Acoustic systems today represent high-tech devices capable of playing sound ... 14440.
Speaking and its quality has become an integral part of the operation of modern devices: TVs, computers, smartphones, etc. The dynamics built in them do not give proper sound quality: then low, then high frequencies are in the overall background imbalance. In this case, an additional speaker system can be bought in the store or find out how to make a column yourself at home.
Briefly About Acoustics Device
The first devices for extracting sound were simple: gramophone plates listened through squabbles or mica membranes. The quality of such a sound can be heard in ancient films: against the background of high frequencies, noise, cod and rustic needles. The next stage of the development of sound transmission equipment was the appearance of a dynamics (electrodynamic emitter with a conical diffuser) - it was invented in 1924
The first devices were distinguished by large dimensions and limited frequency range. But for those times it was know-how. Over time, the speakers were upgraded and manufactured using modern technologies. Their frequency range was evaluated as broadband, and later multibric appeared.
For the manufacture of high-quality acoustics, it includes not only the speakers, which better transmit high frequencies, but also massive subwoofers for low. The minimum number of emitters in the normal column is 2 pcs. Acoustic musical system of higher class contains up to 6 pcs. and 1 subwoofer. Modern AUs working in Montozuk mode are practically not produced. The exception is the options for the acoustics of military and federal purpose.
To change "Mono" came:
- "Stereo". This mode is provided by two channels that contain the entire frequency spectrum.
- "Sound around." Aux in the presence of a greater number of channels (4 and higher), which create the effect of surround sound.
They play an important role for proper performance.
The linear parameters affect:
- the diameter of the speakers used (measured to the edge of the corrugated stroke);
- the number of dynamic emitters (mid-frequency, subwoofers and diet);
- Specifications of the use of speakers (for an apartment, a large audience, in the fresh air, etc.) and others.
The sizes of the column with one set of emitters can be different. If 5-6 pcs are used. (3-4 mid-frequency, 1 high-frequency twitter and subwoofer), the column must have a vertical orientation. But there are special cases when it is better to perform it in a horizontal scan. The main determining factor is the total volume of the internal space of the phase inverter for all variants with the same set of emitters.
The classic column is a housing made of a material with a certain degree of sound absorption.
From the inside of the external panel, the speakers are mounted (exit of the termination outward). For proper sound transmission, the column body must have a volume comparable to the size of speakers and their power. For its calculation, there are various options: from complex, multistage formulas to standard table values.
If the newcomer in the radio determination will decide to independently make a column, it is possible to use product parameters from the corresponding tables.
An example of a table for calculating uncomplicated phase inverters to 1 or 2 dynamic emitters:
|№||Drying diameter without corrugations (in cm) and quantity (in pcs.)||Case volume (internal), in cm³|
|five.||2 to 10.||25000.|
|6.||2 to 12.||36000.|
|7.||2 to 13.||42250.|
|eight.||1 at 12 and 1 to 10||30500.|
|nine.||2 to 16.||64000.|
The developers of the table indicate the approximity of the values. In the manufacture, it is possible a bit (up to 5-8%) to retreat from them in one or the other side.
An example of calculating the linear sizes of the column with 2 speakers 13 cm in diameter when they are horizontal arrangement (one over the second):
- Distance between emitters (from edges): 8 cm.
- Distance from external rims to the edge of the front panel: 8 cm.
- Width: 13 + 8 + 8 = 29 cm.
- Height: 8 + 13 + 8 + 13 + 8 = 50 cm.
- The area of the panel is calculated: 29x50 = 1450 cm².
- We learn the depth of the hull. Table indicator Valid on the front panel area: 42250: 1450 = 29 cm.
This method is calculated sizes for subwoofer columns and conical inverters.
Choosing materials for manufacture
This factor directly affects the quality of the radiated sound. The selected material must correspond to a number of requirements and possess specific properties.
The main ones are:
- Low sound absorption. Materials with a "loose" surface (Fiberboard, soft wood, etc.) will actively absorb high frequencies, which will lead to deafness of sound.
- Moderate rigidity. With the full volume of the audio, the device should not be subject to deformation. Soft plastics are excluded, thin plywood, etc.
- Ease. For a portable bluetooth column, this is an important factor.
- Easy processing. For those who decided to make a column with their own hands at home, this factor must be considered when selecting the tool.
- Affordable price. For example, the use of ferrous wood provides high-quality sound, but it is expensive. If a newcomer from scratch begins to master radio and it is desirable to look for budget materials.
Acoustics practices recommend to stop their choice:
- on chipboard (wood-shaped medium density);
- on MDF (finely dispersed medium density fraction).
What do you need
To perform the installation of a homemade column on 2 mid-frequency dynamic emitters, you will need a number of consumables and tools.
- Dynamics. Selected by the required parameters: Removed frequency range, output power.
- Decorative lattices for emitters. They can be purchased or making themselves.
- Amplifier. It is recommended class D with an output power to 2 channels up to 50 W.
- Digital or LED voltmeter. It allows you to control the battery level when the device is autonomous.
- Volume control. Any standard for devices of this type is suitable.
- You can add a design with an additional audio input.
- Nest and charging module. It is recommended to take on 14 V.
- Switch and power connector. Any standard for devices of this type are suitable.
- Rechargeable batteries - 3 pcs. X 1,5 V. It is necessary to put samples of the proven brand with the same level of charge.
- Bluetooth device. It is recommended to use wireless. If wired, then you need a power card.
- Chipboard. The area of the workpiece is taken with a reserve of 10% of the calculated one.
- Furniture self-tie ties. The amount is taken at the rate of 2-3 pcs. For one line. For a rectangular case, you will need a maximum of 24 pcs.
- Screws or mounts for the rear panel, if it is removable. Quantity at the rate of 2-3 pcs. on the edge.
- PVA glue. It is used to lubricate fastened surfaces.
- wood hacksaw;
- Drill with nozzles and drills;
- Lobzik on a tree;
- locksmith knife;
- screwdriver or screwdriver;
- bruster for glue;
- soldering iron.
For the manufacture of the speaker, it is necessary to prepare a workplace. It must comply with the basic safety requirements:
- Have recommended GOST and that illumination and ventilability.
- Nearby there must be no light-friendly objects and liquids.
- It is advisable to have a ground wire on the site of assembly and testing.
At the time of the start of work, you need to do all calculations and perform diagrams and drawings.
Order of conduct:
- On a sheet of chipboard, the details of the column are drawn. The allowance to the resulting calculated data on the thickness of the material is given.
- Details are drunk with hacksaw.
- The front panel places the place to set the speakers. The alleged holes are outlined by a circulation or deposit according to the template. They should be round and accurately approach the sizes of emitters.
- Holes for emitters are chopped with a manual jigsaw (or similar electrical engineering). External edges are carefully cleaned by sandpaper.
- The upper, side and bottom panels are assembled. The compounds are flawed with PVA glue, screw 2-3 screws on each compound. They should be screwed at right angles.
- The body must be sealed, so the gluing substance needs to miss all the seams after screwing the screws.
- If the rear wall is scheduled to be removable, then it is necessary to stick the sealer at its perimeter.
- Emitters from the inside and decorative lattices on top are mounted on the front panel. The mounted panel is installed in its place by analogy with a frame assembly (glue + self-tapping screw).
Power switch and power connector
They are connected by soldering the battery case along with the protection board.
To make it all done correctly, you need to comply with a number of conditions when installing the power connector:
- Right contact can be bent or deleted.
- The average is positive.
- The left should go to grounding.
- You should insert the included charger into the connector and check the voltage multimeter. This will make sure the correct polarity of the connector contacts.
- Then it takes place in the protection chain.
Connect to bluetooth module
Power on it is fed through the switch. Since the column is the only stereo sound on the module comes down into one channel. In this case, the chain requires to insert resistors (one by one on the channel). If you connect one wire, then the resistor is not needed. Sound management will be carried out from the transmitting device (smartphone, tablet, etc.).
When soldering a bluetooth module, you need to use a thin soldering iron, since its connectors of small sizes. It is advisable to take the wire from the Internet cable.
There are various options for using autonomous power supplies, but one of the simpler and reliable is the use of inexpensive batteries.
The protection fee is used to prevent forcemaster circumstances:
- short circuit;
- excessive discharge, etc.
This board is a mandatory element when using lithium-ion batteries.
For the convenience of assembling and operating the battery battery (3 pcs.) It should be placed in the case.
Verification of state
Before fastening the collected circuit in the phase inverter, it is necessary to test its performance.
- To do this, insert the battery pack and click on the switch.
- At the same time, the bluetooth module should publish a characteristic squeak, indicating its connection.
- After the sound signal, the module is paired with the smartphone.
- If everything is done correctly, you can include music.
After a positive check of the device, an attachment of the collected scheme in the column housing is carried out.
How to make columns with your own personal computer. In principle, you can handle the most sound speakers at a low price. In addition, if you like working with a tree and at least a little with electronics, then it can be a pleasant hobby for you.
Of course, you probably will not achieve the perfect sound quality of the speaker if you do not have good measuring equipment, so you cannot make several attempts to improve your design. However, if you purchase high-quality loudspeakers from well-known firms, then you can build acoustic speakers with your own hands that will sound at all worse than branded.
In this article, I want to share the experience of building your own speakers for a home computer. I had the main task to voice my workplace in the apartment, and good sound. Therefore, when budget components with a good price / quality ratio were purchased, moreover, many users proven in various schemes, I knew exactly that this acoustics would be used only as part of the computer.
Installing German speakers in the column with your own hands
As we probably know that a high-quality speaker is always required to obtain good sound in the speakers, so this component in acoustics plays the most important role, and only then all other devices and materials. If you intend to personally collect audio colors, then first of all take care of the acquisition of high quality dynamic emitters, especially even without saving.
In my case, broadband speakers of German production Visaton B-200, which are used mainly for the manufacture of Hi-Fi and High-End Acoustics. The sound reproduced by this speaker is quite open, fast, with an underlined detail and amazingly light. Among other things, the installation of such speakers in the speakers decides several problems at once.
First: to obtain a high-quality sound picture, there is now no need to place several loudspeakers inside the housing. Secondly: In this case, it will not be necessary to apply a crossover to create a frequency range to each emitter.
Very significant feature that Visaton B-200 loudspeakers are high sensitivity. But if they are compared to the S90 S90 columns, then the visa sensitivity is ten times more sensitivity. Based on this, it is possible to calculate: Visaton's speakers are quite enough of three watts of power to play high-quality track, and the old domestic speakers for the sound of the same quality will be required to be 35 watts.
But as always it happens, not everything is so smooth. To realize all the advantages of German dynamic emitters, then for each of them it will be necessary to make a capacity of 150 liters. That's then they will show the entire brightness of the music scene.
Sound card for column with your own hands
In order to choose a suitable sound fee in a PC, for further switching it with computer speakers, I went through a lot of models, but at that moment I chose Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio, the model although old, but the piece of iron is quite decent, as I told me " Knowing people, "and in vain listened to them.
Ahead of events I want to immediately say, the quality of this sound is pretty shit. As I did not try using the settings to get more or less decent sound from it - everything is useless, in the end it burned well. In general, I am with her, as they say, flew a little. Correctly say - listen less such "specialists"! Later, a professional sound fee of Esi Juli @, with a completely familiar design, but with a complete set of connecting connectors.
It must be recognized that in the process of testing already new and more expensive ESI Juli @, it turned out that its performance is a little better than the same, and in principle the same junk. In addition, on both of these cards, the effect was almost as from the built-in ZPs built into the motherboard.
All these studies and comparisons regarding external and integrated cards I did the RightMark Audio Analyzer program designed specifically to test the sound chains of the equipment. Therefore, my advice to you, do not rush to take an external sound fee, if you intend to make acoustic speakers for a computer. First, try the built-in sound, maybe it will quite satisfy you and it will not be necessary to be additional expenses.
Amplifier for acoustic speakers built by personnel
To enhance the sound in these hand-made speakers, a not very complex power amplifier on the LM3886 chip was assembled. The diagram of this apparatus, although not trusted, but on this chip there is quite possible the possibility of achieving Hi-Fi sound using available details.
The LM3886 chip is a mono amplifier working in AB class and has excellent characteristics. It is very in demand from most radio amateurs, because I use this device, you will need a minimum number of radio elements, in order to assemble the amplifier with Hi-Fi sound quality.
The IMS implemented several protection systems, for example: from short circuit, thermal protection, critical stress protection. The overvoltage protection module is turned on when the current in the output circuit will exceed the value in 4a. Temperature protection is triggered when the chip is heated to + 165 ° C and turns on when the temperature decreases to + 155 ° C.
As a heat sink for the collected power amplifier, I installed an aluminum radiator from an old computer processor, but did not install the fan. Although this device is able to develop a high output power, unless of course apply the appropriate voltage on it, but in my case the power in the load will be approximately 6 W. Therefore, to disperse the temperature on the chip, there will be enough such a radiator without installing additional forced cooling.
By the way, all the setting, testing both parts and the amplifier in general were carried out using the circuit board. It is very convenient for her to use.
The beginning of the assembly of computer speakers do it yourself
Initially, it was necessary to reflect what material it is better to use for the offices of my acoustics. But since I initially planned to collect good quality acoustics, but in a budget range, the choice fell on a chipboard, a thickness of 16 mm - it is cheaper than MDF several times, but some differences between these materials in the construction of low power columns can not be noticed.
I give advice right on the move to those who already go to the store for the desired material. DRP sawing to do better right in the store, pre-drawing the size of all sides of the body. At the same time, you decide some problems at once, the first: this is the delivery of a whole leaf home creates some inconvenience, the second: to cut the sheets at home is also not very convenient.
Personally, I did it, so it was not particularly stored how to make a column. The configuration of the speakers for self-making I chose a tower type, it was more convenient for me when the loudspeakers were somewhat towering over the floor.
The casing of the speakers can be painted or covered with some suitable material, for example; leatherette, or cover with self-tier film. But before that, you need to make a putty all having clearances and other roughness. After a complete drying of the body, you can begin to further reflect the acoustic office.
At this stage, do not forget to dampen the walls of the column housing. That is, plane from the inside the drawer material can absorb sound oscillations. Although the columns are made for home use with their own hands, as a rule, they have a small power, therefore, they will not undergo significant sound improvement from this damping.
In my case, each column has its own power amplifier with a full-fledged power supply, it means that they are active, and any of them can work as separately and together. Embedded voltage connectors built into the column have the same configuration as in the computer system block, which increases the amenities in the operation of the additional system.
Potentiometers to adjust the volume were installed in the case from the drive
In the end, I got here such columns
If you are planning, also, with your own hands, collect speakers for use in conjunction with a computer or other devices, then there is nothing complicated in this, there would be a desire! Competently and independently assembled acoustic system will give a sound picture with no inferior to brand models acquired for the same money.